Joker repurposed Surfing Experience And Ability Transferometer--Evidence Here!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Joker repurposed Surfing Experience And Ability Transferometer--Evidence Here!

Post by High C »

When robinboyblunderer noted that Batman could have used Catwoman's Voice Eraser to neutralize The Siren, I did some detective work of my own.

It turns out that The Joker, that diabolical Clown Prince of Crime, also did some repurposing. I discovered that he apparently found another use for his Surfing Experience And Ability Transferometer. According to my research, he put a piece of masking tape over the word Surfing, recalibrated the machine slightly, and retitled it 'The Siren Experience And Ability Transferometer.' He then somehow kidnapped world-famous chanteuse Lorelei Circe, from what I've gathered, and was able to hook her and Cornelia up to the machine!!

Don't believe me? Here's the proof! (From September 1965)

'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Re: Joker repurposed Surfing Experience And Ability Transferometer--Evidence Here!

Post by Ben Bentley »

You startled me...with a genuinely enjoyable performance from KK! :lol:
High C

Re: Joker repurposed Surfing Experience And Ability Transferometer--Evidence Here!

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:14 am You startled me...with a genuinely enjoyable performance from KK! :lol:
Well-played, Ben! :)

There are a few studio songs of Kathy Kersh's available on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out.

I also should 'note' that two other Bat-henchwomen for whom singing was more their main livelihood at the time also appeared on Shindig, the Thursday predecessor in our beloved show's timeslot on ABC. Of course, there was the famed Lesley Gore, and for a time, Donna Loren was the female 'house singer' on the show, appearing regularly. One can also seek out copies of some of those appearances on YT.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Is that Bobby Sherman singing with Ms. Kersh?
High C

Post by High C »

Jim Akin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am Is that Bobby Sherman singing with Ms. Kersh?
Correct!

dell

Post by dell »

"Maybe I should have told you, Shindig is in the cellar"
dell
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm "Maybe I should have told you, Shindig is in the cellar"
Donovan was on the show four weeks later. Depending upon what he was performing, I might have been OK with Kathy pulling the lever on the trap door at that point.

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

dell wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm "Maybe I should have told you, Shindig is in the cellar"
Score one for Dell! :lol: