Questions for Tom Peyer?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

Questions for Tom Peyer?

Post by bat-rss »

Tomorrow night (August 16, 2021) US time, Paul and I will be interviewing comics writer Tom Peyer (Batman '66, The Wrong Earth) for TO THE BATPOLES podcast. Any questions you'd like us to ask him?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
High C

Re: Questions for Tom Peyer?

Post by High C »

Great get, sirs!

I thought his Egbert switching places with Alfred idea was clever and well-executed.

With that in mind, my two questions are:

1. How did he come up with his ideas? (The Bookworm story was a lot of fun, too)
2. Did he feel his mission was to draw from the show, but also expand on the possibilities afforded by the 'unlimited budget' of the comics format?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
robinboyblunderer

Re: Questions for Tom Peyer?

Post by robinboyblunderer »

1. Can he share any unused Batman '66 stories he wanted to do but couldn't, if there are any? Details appreciated.

2. Does he have an eventual conclusion in mind for the Wrong Earth?

3. Would he be willing to share online any of his Batman '66 comic book scripts?

Please pass on a "thank you" and also thanks to you fellas for giving us the chance to possibly ask questions.

cheers