Goodbye Irishmiss

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Goodbye Irishmiss

Post by Scott Sebring »

Sad to hear the news from Bobbi Rizer Cory that longtime board member Kathy McShane, aka to most of us as irishmiss, passed away last night of stage 5 kidney failure. She was a staple of the old board and this one until more recent years. Although she never liked traveling, she did make it out to Screaming Tiki, Ohio back in 2008 and Wizard Anaheim 2010 and the more recent Batcons put on by Mark Racop. She was the one who organized and booked our conference room at the nearby Double Tree for our live forum at that Wizard show as well. Famous for her Zucchini bread and her plush versions of Batman and Robin as toads when she cosplayed as Aunt Hilda, she was always good for a smile and a story to tell. I got to catch up with her for a bit before she went into assisted care last year and it felt like no time had passed since we got to talk like that.
She will be missed.
Irishmiss - Kathy.jpg
Kathy -Wizard World.jpg
img_0600e.jpg
Alex poses with one of her "boys" as she would call the toads.
Kathy Batcon 2019.jpg
Kathy at Batcon 2019
High C

Re: Goodbye Irishmiss

Post by High C »

I'm very sad to hear this. Kathy and I exchanged some DMs on the old board but we had kind of lost touch, but just in those small correspondences I could tell what a gentle, kind and caring person she was. It's my fault, I'm sure, for not keeping the correspondence going. No falling out or anything like that, just didn't stay in touch. But, as I said, it was so obvious what a good person she was. Rest easy, Irishmiss. You will be missed, for sure.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Sorry to hear this.
dell

Post by dell »

I never met her, but I remember reading the posts with the toads. Making Batman and Robin toads would have never occurred to me; brilliant idea and well made. RIP
dell
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Very sorry to hear this. A class act.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Very sorry to hear this. She was such an active member on the old boards - had a lot of interesting points to say. Wishing her family and friends well!
svl

Post by svl »

Condolences to her family. She was truly a sweet lady.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Although I never met her, on the board she always seemed very nice. Sad that she's passed on.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Rest in peace, Kathy! It was a pleasure to meet you and Bobbi in Anaheim all those years ago.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

I’m so sorry to hear about this. Kathy was always so friendly and kind whenever we met, especially to my son Adam who attended some cons with me. She always asked about him and what he was up to. I last saw her at Mark Racop’s Batcon a couple of years ago.
She will be missed.