BATMAN is Coming.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AndyFish

BATMAN is Coming.

Post by AndyFish »

Hey All
This coming year January 12th lines up on a Wednesday which means it coincides with the 1966 Calendar, at least for the first few weeks, I’m not sure it holds all the way through but over on my blog I’ll be doing in-depth (and sometimes brutally honest) critiques of episodes as they would have aired on the dates they aired. Trivia, commentary, nonsense like I did with the Kolchak series last year. This is more ambitious because there are 100 more episodes of Batman than Carl had. I’ll post bits of it here too and hopefully we can spark the kind of conversations we used to have about the show here on the Bat Blog. So fire up your Blu Rays, DVD’s and streaming services and let’s try and cancel our typical binge watching habits of the 21st Century and watch them like they did in “66! January isn’t that far away.
clavierankh

Re: BATMAN is Coming.

Post by clavierankh »

Calendar will march 66 all the way through. 2023 will match 1967.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

clavierankh wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:04 am Calendar will march 66 all the way through. 2023 will match 1967.
Yeah I suspected that but didn’t know if we’d legislated additional days in the year. ;)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

56 years ago Tonight Batman made its debut! Airing Wednesday and Thursday nights at 7:30 Eastern Time you can follow along date wise if you so choose. We're going to give it a try and see if watching 1 episode 2x a week gives us a taste of what the original viewers felt.
svl

Post by svl »

That was a blast. Hard to wait until tomorrow night to see if Robin makes it out alive! ;)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

In all the times I’ve watched the show I’ve never done It this way, but it actually makes it better.