False Face’s Blaze

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

twint9

False Face’s Blaze

Post by twint9 »

I’ve always been curious about the actual people who had their names parodied in the show. I’ve never really understood the significance of the name “Blaze” in the False Face episodes. How does it tie in to the False Face character? And is it a parody of someone? The only Blaze I’ve ever come across is Blaze Starr but it doesn’t seem to be a logical fit.

Any thoughts?
Therin of Andor

Re: False Face’s Blaze

Post by Therin of Andor »

twint9 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm I’ve always been curious about the actual people who had their names parodied in the show. I’ve never really understood the significance of the name “Blaze” in the False Face episodes. How does it tie in to the False Face character?
Maybe a coincidence, but Blaze is a style of False Eyelashes.

https://www.lotuslashes.com/products/blaze
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

The name could indicate that her boss considered her a cool customer.

It isn't consistent throughout the episodes -- and if it had been it probably would have made things highly confusing -- but when deciphering the note Blaze delivers to GCPD HQ (in disguise as the old man), Batman notes that False Face always says the opposite of what he means.

This notion is reflected in the handles FF gives his henchmen: Brinks, Burns and Pinkerton are in the business of stealing money and valuables, but they're named after companies that protect those things. If FF also gave Blaze her alias, he might have applied similar contradictory logic.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Thanks for the input…I think Therin’s idea makes most sense given the type of humour worked into the scripts.
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

I watched that episode last night and noticed a few things.

1. Alfred practically yells, “It’s the BAT-phone, sir”, then Harriet immediately walks into the frame. He said it so loudly, there’s no way she wouldn’t have heard it! I laughed out loud at that, check it out sometime.

2. After Batman blows the green powder back at Blaze, he picks her up and grabs a handful of a**!

That stuff had to be deliberate. This was actually one of the best episodes, as far as I’m concerned.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

always wondered why they needed to cut the jail bars around the bank valult to allow Benz (Billy Curtis) to crawl lower than 18" to the electric eye when they could have just reached thru the bars outside and cut the wire?
vlcsnap-2021-12-27-15h41m41s32.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

and why the gang was credited this way, Midget, Fat Man, Thin Man, instead of their character names BENZ, BRINKS, and PINKERTON
Attachments
FFcast.jpg