Makeup and masks and cowls

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Makeup and masks and cowls

Post by dell »

I was just wondering how wearing masks and cowls affected makeup. Did they shoot scenes with masks and cowls first and then touch up makeup and shoot scenes without later? Or vice versa? I would think anything worn on the face for extended periods could get makeup on it and need to cleaned regularly. Or not?

And in some shots you can clearly see a 5 o'clock shadow on Bruce/Batman. Would they ever shave in the middle of the day?
dell
Larry A.

Re: Makeup and masks and cowls

Post by Larry A. »

Based on my own experience working with a local Fox affiliate 30 years ago, If they hao shave, they shaved and retouched the make up. My experience was that the local Fox affiliate showed episodes on Star Trek, The Next Gen and between segments, they had a fellow (( tho NOT me) who played "Rusty Hammer. Janitor of the NCC-1701D, and He would interact with other folks , like Romulans, Klingons and even the original "Visitors" and a "local" Pizza Boy"...." Oh Man, I said HOLD the Tribbles!' I was one of 4 of us who played the characters and Yes,We DID have shoot with the masks first and touch up the makeup later. I hope this helps, Dell. Cheers!
Larry