Footage of Burt as Robin at The 1975 Pittsburgh Car Show

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

JWLJN

Footage of Burt as Robin at The 1975 Pittsburgh Car Show

Post by JWLJN »

https://youtu.be/PAy8GE4qvlo

Just a brief snippet at around the 16:00 mark. Stumbled upon it and thought you all may be interested.
chrisbcritter

Re: Footage of Burt as Robin at The 1975 Pittsburgh Car Show

Post by chrisbcritter »

Looks like they had the fuzzy Batmobile there as well.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Sassman

Post by Sassman »

I'm kind of curious about the Cornelius from Planet Of The Apes, seen briefly before Burt. Surely Roddy McDowell wouldn't be appearing at a car show, in full ape make up.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

JWLJN, thank you for posting this! This was a car show scheduled in several cities, including Los Angeles (at the L.A. Convention Center) where my family attended the show, met Burt, got his autographed photo (of TV-era Robin climbing a wall), the actors in Planet of the Apes' Cornelius and Zira costumes, and saw the flocked Batmobile. I cannot tell you how much fun that car show was, and to top it off, meeting Burt! Again, thanks for posting this news clip!
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Very neat! Love the glimpses into those appearances.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Sassman wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:22 pm I'm kind of curious about the Cornelius from Planet Of The Apes, seen briefly before Burt. Surely Roddy McDowell wouldn't be appearing at a car show, in full ape make up.
No, Roddy didn't make any appearances in costume. Bill Blake and Paula Crist had a touring show where they appeared in official apes makeup and costumes on loan from Fox. I saw them in my hometown when I was but a wee guppy and they did a fantastic job of mimicking both the voices and movements of Roddy and Kim Hunter.

They performed a 10-15 minute bit and then they signed photographs and shook hands with the fans. There are several websites devoted to their show, here's one that gives you some insight;

Touring Apes Show