From Henchwoman to Bat-Villainess?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

LittleLouisGroovy

Re: From Henchwoman to Bat-Villainess?

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

Fun topic!

Another vote for Blaze, who came close to being an "Extra Special Guest Villainess" in the False Face episodes.

I can also imagine Legs Parker, fed up with her Ma and inept brothers, branching out on her own.

In addition, I submit Moth from "The Ring of Wax/Give 'Em the Ax." Throughout the episode, she expresses greed and ambition, especially when she reminds Riddler that the treasure belongs to the gang and not just to him. She cannot wait to get her hands on the jewels. (And she wore a true costume rather than stylized clothes.) However I do acknowledge that she is too sympathetic to B & R and renounces crime a bit too easily when caught.

Still, she has potential. Idea for a possible episode: Riddler double-crosses Moth, and she vows revenge. You could have Moth and Riddler battling it out for criminal supremacy, with Batman and Robin caught in the middle of their feud.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree that Moth would be an excellent Batman Villainess.
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

Moth wimped out totally. A true villainess never gives up and would never express any sympathy for their victim!!!
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

Lydia Limpet Francine York for sure if for nothing else being smokin' hot!
mattman

Post by mattman »

Doe, Ray and Mimi were pretty resourceful too, in a way they almost were running Chandell's show
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

Mattman's suggestion of Doe, Rae, and Mimi got me thinking about their story.

It occurs to me 'reimagining' series is a popular trend in Hollywood today. The Chandell story might have been much more interesting if it had been considered before the shows formula had fully evolved.

I like the formula, but Chandell was the brains of the gang and the girls did the heavy lifting--of valuable loot. The link between them was the crimes took place while the maestro was performing at the piano keyboard. This scenario would be an excellent for Batman to use his detective skills to uncover the mastermind behind the crime wave. He might only reveal himself as he leaves them to die in a trap, perhaps while his audience is enjoying an intermission in his performance.

The blakmail elements of the plot are good and gave Madge Blake things to do, so this might have been a B plot developed as Batman's investigation goes on and would remain as the story's climax.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

As I said i'd love to see Lydia Limpet[Francine York]as a villainess in her own right and perhaps a love interest for Robin like Batman and Catwoman.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
mattman

Post by mattman »

66wasbest- so the Limpet COULD be a new villain in my series in my blog. Apart from being sexy what villainous qualities does she possess, what is her costume/look, what is her purpose (as you know a limpet is a form of sea snail),and more importantly....who would play her?
dell

Post by dell »

66wasbest wrote:As I said i'd love to see Lydia Limpet[Francine York]as a villainess in her own right and perhaps a love interest for Robin like Batman and Catwoman.
I thought she was too old and mature for Robin.
dell
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Lisa and Blaze get my votes. Excellent choices.
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

Pussycat, played by Lesley Gore. She could lead a band of rogue musicians and perform a new song in every episode.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

LittleLouisGroovy,

Pussycat is a worthy suggestion. It is worth pointing out she began as more than a mere henchwoman. She was Catwoman's prottoge'.

This means Catwoman was actively grooming her for a lift of crime after their time working together. Indeed, her role in her mistress' plot was absolutely essential. She was to lure Robin into Catwoman's feline clutches. With Robin in her power, the threat Batman represents might have been neutralized at the very least.

Trying to bring Batman over to the dark side was overreach on the villainess part and a classic case of the overconfidence that routinely trips up criminal schemes time and time again.

Had Pussycat done and acted upon this or similar analysis, she might indeed be quite formidable, prr-haps even a match for the Dynamic Duo. It's possible a natural attraction toward Robin could warp her plans the way Catwoman's attraction to Batman impacts her plans routinely.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

dell wrote:
66wasbest wrote:As I said i'd love to see Lydia Limpet[Francine York]as a villainess in her own right and perhaps a love interest for Robin like Batman and Catwoman.
I thought she was too old and mature for Robin.
Francine York was actually a year younger than Yvonne Craig...! (Mind you, a mature older woman was probably just what Robin needed).