High C Has Passed Away

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: High C Has Passed Away

Post by dell »

This is shocking. I lost another online friend 2 months ago. My other friend, Arthur, was part of a small group of four that played online games together probably 20 years ago now. I really hadn't talked to Arthur in years as our little group stopped playing a long time ago. Up until his passing he was a moderator for a forum for the game so I could always drop him a note if I wanted to get in touch with him, which I did once in a while. This forum allowed me to do the same with JP, and we exchanged messages in addition to participating in the video chats.

It's difficult to know what is happening in the lives of online friends as bad news often just comes out of the blue with no warning. The next video chat will be different without him. I propose we watch at least one of the episodes with the Siren as part of the next chat.
dell
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Rest in peace J.P. Pelzman, "High C".

Like everyone else I was shocked to read this. He was such a part of this board weighing in with thoughtful comments. Years back he shared the Siren scripts with me; besides some messages on here and discussing/debating with him I didn't know him but my condolences go out to his family and friends. I said a prayer for him and hope he's in a better place.
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

Always enjoyed posts from HighC and the interactions that followed, even though I'm pretty quiet most of the time. Really enjoyed the crossover material with the TTB podcast with Tim & Paul as well. Always well-spoken and literate.

Yes, he will be missed. I'm glad we have his communication on this board to enjoy from here on.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

This is terrible news.JP was funny, smart, knowledgable, and articulate especially about sports, the Siren, and the Batman show.
His presence in the VBC was most definitely one of the things that got me through lockdown, and the pandemic. Although we never met in person, we did have several long conversations on the phone, not just about the Siren or Batman. I got this news just now, and feel like I need to process it a little more.

I am posting my podcast featuring one of our conversations as a tribute to him.

Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Oh no! This is absolutely heartbreaking!

I called him my friend and I meant it. I wish I could have done more.
- Boy Genius
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I know I can say that all these heartfelt sentiments for J.P. and what he meant to our small world of discussion and how he will be deeply missed is appreciated. By being a good guy, he left a legacy for his professional colleagues in the world of sportswriting and for those of us who got to know him because of the mutual interests in the fun diversions of life.

Because I work at home and keep late hours, it wasn't uncommon for me to get late night phone calls from him so we could chat. It meant that whenever I left my basement office desk to go upstairs for something I had to always take my phone with me just in case he might happen to call. The other night, while working late, it occurred to me that I didn't have to take my phone upstairs with me any longer for those short trips. That drove home the final reality of it all for me.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I know this comes late - but I’ve just logged back on here for the first time in a while, so I’m only now hearing the news.

As I previously mentioned, I haven’t been active on this board for a couple years. Back when I created this account I was young (probably a little too young), and although a fan, was very inexperienced in the world of bat-facts and stats. Seeing members like High C, who were so rich with knowledge, and able to articulate their thoughts so intelligently was very inspiring to naive little me, who at that time could barely form a coherent sentence. I wasn’t a friend, or even an acquaintance (far from either). The only interaction we ever had were a few odd pms and message replies, but even those made an enormous impression on me. As funny as it may sound, I dreamed of becoming that much of a batman expert someday. He really was one of my “heroes” on this board - almost like a celebrity to me. What devastating news.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

The loss of any Batman 66 fan is sad. Not all of humanity appreciate Adam West's genius.

--jthree
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Sorry to hear this. I always remember him as a passionate fan, particularly of The Siren.

R.I.P.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Very sorry to read this news. High C was a staple here on the Bat Board. Enjoyed all interactions I had with him. I hope he is at peace.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood