Bat Music

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Bat Music

Post by John Mack »

As many of you know, I like the music from the series and you could say it's my "main thrust." Look at my avatar and you'll see a photo of the Nelson Riddle 45 that came out in 1966. Can you read what it says on the top? It says, "Original TV Series Version." I never noticed this until I added my avatar. I don't want anyone being mislead by that. It contains Nelson Riddle's version of the theme and it's hardly the "Original TV Series Version." Weird. I own this 45 and have had a copy for years and never noticed that. On a good note (pun intended) the "B" side has a tune called, "Nelson's Riddler" and it's a full-blown treatment of his Riddler Theme song. WOW! But on the down side, I wonder how many people purchased this 45 expecting to hear the original theme. Holy false advertising!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Phil B

Re: Bat Music

Post by Phil B »

Do you own the 45? If so could you upload the tunes? If not...thanks anyway.
John Mack

Re: Bat Music

Post by John Mack »

Hi Phil,

The Batman Theme is the same one as on the 1966 Batman soundtrack LP, so if you own that you already have it You can hear it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoA9RY12JQs As for "Nelson's Riddler" I'm not sure what the legal problems might be uploading that. Sorry.

John
Music. BAT! Music.