Joe E Tata, who appeared in various episodes, has passed away

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Revolving Wall

Joe E Tata, who appeared in various episodes, has passed away

Post by The Revolving Wall »

What's on Barbara's mind, Charlie? Is she about to go into action as that domino dare-doll, Batgirl?
Even luckier for us, she's Batgirl, the supremely feminine scourge of all that is criminal!
Larry A.

Re: Joe E Tata, who appeared in various episodes, has passed away

Post by Larry A. »

R.I.P. Joe.
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Rest in peace Joey!

Maybe the only henchman to return in all three seasons? Ring of Wax, Hizzoner The Penguin and I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle.

Eisner interviewed Joe for his original version of the "The Bat-Book", here's an excerpt:
Screenshot 2022-08-27 at 19.36.33.png
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

R.I.P. to Joe E. Tata. Such a colorful list of credits.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

R.I.P. to Mr. Tata.
Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:34 pm Maybe the only henchman to return in all three seasons? Ring of Wax, Hizzoner The Penguin and I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle.
The admin on a Batman '66 Facebook group I belong to pointed out that Gil Perkins appeared in all three seasons and the feature film. He wasn't always credited, however, and typically had more limited speaking parts than Tata enjoyed: He was Dicer in the first-season Mad Hatter episodes, Cauliflower in season three's Ring Around the Riddler, and unnamed goons in season two's The Joker's Provokers and the Zodiac Crimes trilogy. He also played henchman Bluebeard in the feature film and bogus juror Dave the Dummy in the Joker/Catwoman team-up.

Dick Bakalyan also appeared in all three seasons and played three henchman roles—C.B. in Riddler's season-one silent-movie caper and, in season three, Louie the Lilac stooge Arbutus and Joker's little green man, Verdigris. His second-season appearance was as Tut victim Fouad Sphinx, the famed European pantomimist who was severely pummelled about the head and shoulders.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Joe also appeared in the "Presentation of Batgirl"...so he gets the edge!
I met him about 10 years ago at the Hollywood show. We spent a lot of time together chatting about Batman and other things. He' was such an outgoing, friendly and generous person. He even recorded a short "congratulations" video for my kids that I edited into a video for them. I'll try to post it when I find it on my hard drive.
Very sad day.