Nic Cage wants to play Egghead

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Nic Cage wants to play Egghead

Post by rsaffle »

Whilst at the Toronto International Film Festival this year, the one and only Nicolas Cage briefly chatted with the Happy Sad Confused podcast and revealed one character he’d like to play. That character? the Batman villain Egghead who originated in the 1966 Adam West TV series. The legendary Vincent Price played the character known for his large bald head and white and yellow suit. All up, Price made five appearances as the character who was then later written into DC comic book canon.

Cage explained why he would like to take on the character:
“You know what I mean it’s like, Egghead is Vincent Price right? He’s one of our other great American superstar actors that I revere and had so much fun watching growing up. So I was watching the Batman show because I really wanted to see what Vincent Price was going to do. And the character’s hilarious. I mean, everything starts with ‘Egg-cellent.’ And it’s, ‘Egg-static.’

This is just more of a fun little thing. Cause I’m on a red carpet, somebody asks me a question, I want to give them a funny answer, but there is an approach to that character that could be terrifying. And I’ve thought a lot about it. I’m not going to share it with you.”

Cage is currently filming the psychological thriller “Sympathy for the Devil” alongside Joel Kinnaman in Las Vegas, and has multiple films awaiting release including westerns “Butcher’s Crossing” and “The Old Way,” and the anticipated horror comedy “Renfield” starring Cage as Count Dracula.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/cage-wants ... n-egghead/
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Jim Akin

Re: Nic Cage wants to play Egghead

Post by Jim Akin »

A bonkers Cage take on Egghead could be the Batman villain we all deserve. :)

If campy horror schlock floats your boat, I highly recommend 2021's "Willy's Wonderland," in which a silent(!) Nic takes on a possessed platoon of animatronic mascots in a Chuck E. Cheese-style pizza joint.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

"...there is an approach to that character that could be terrifying. And I’ve thought a lot about it. I’m not going to share it with you.”
Thanks, Nic. We'll hold you to that promise.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

What a delightful masterclass in scenery chewing might await us should someone take him up on that offer... :D

I recently heard about a cancelled else-worlds' series at HBO Max in which Cage was set to star in as Bizzarreo in a Kevin Smith-penned one off episode that would have completed the strange circle NC and Kev have had with Superman since their failure to launch feature film of the mid nineties.