Any idea where this circa 1966 Batman dining room/restaurant would have been?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BiffPow

Any idea where this circa 1966 Batman dining room/restaurant would have been?

Post by BiffPow »

I saw this photograph and just was wondering where this might have been. The use of the skyline and the 1966-style Bat-signal appears to date it around the time of the show.

Does anyone on here know - and did they serve Batburgers? 😁
Attachments
EBC4B6DB-63B8-454F-A2B9-49881CD78F4F.jpeg
EBC4B6DB-63B8-454F-A2B9-49881CD78F4F.jpeg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
BiffPow

Re: Any idea where this circa 1966 Batman dining room/restaurant would have been?

Post by BiffPow »

:o :o :o

That is AWESOME!!! Wow! Thanks, A. Pennyworth!!! It’s even cooler than I expected!

I really think this sort of place would do well now (but I also gave serious consideration years ago to buying a business that was made from a giant quonset hut and turning it into a 1940s USO-style, live big band/music and dancing place, with staff dressed in 40s attire).
Jim K, Bat fan

Re: Any idea where this circa 1966 Batman dining room/restaurant would have been?

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Thanks for posting that story from the old "Bat Blog." I completely forgot about it. I used to enjoy reading it, but the last post was 2016. Is the creator of that blog still around, or a member of this board?
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I want to say the Bat-Blog moved exclusively to Facebook, but as I don't have an account (or want one), I can't say if it still exists even in that form.

I agree it could be fun to read back in the day.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah it was a great site back in the day. Shame it went to Facebook.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

It's a sad but familiar story. Having a Facebook page is so much easier than maintaining a blog, and it's easier for your audience too because they don't have to remember your URL and to come visit it regularly. If there's any new content, it just magically shows up on their "wall" (if that's still what they call it). If the goal is to reach people, I don't blame former blog owners for going to where they can reach greater numbers, and where a three-or-four line post does the job that used to take several paragraphs and some HTML savvy.

All that said, I dislike Facebook for a host of reasons and I miss the days of those quirky personal blogs with all their idiosyncracies and oddball charms. Similarly, I've noticed a lot of smaller businesses have abandoned their ".com" footprints in favor of just starting a Facebook page, which again is tons easier and is cheaper than paying a webmaster. I'm pretty sure that by avoiding Facebook, I miss out on a LOT of news and deals that could interest me, but I can live with it.

In the meantime, though, my old "blog roll" is a sad list of broken links and virtual ghost towns where, like the Bat-Blog, there's always that haunting question of "I wonder if the former owner is still among the living?"
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Well said, SprangFan.