TO THE BATPOLES #200 “Batman: The Movie”: The Novel

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

TO THE BATPOLES #200 “Batman: The Movie”: The Novel

Post by bat-rss »

Former Batman comics writer Winston Lyon, fresh off his novel Batman vs. Three Villains of Doom, a few months later produced the novelization of Batman: The Movie, a book called Batman vs. the Fearsome Foursome. This time, for our 200th episode, we discuss the book: though based on Lorenzo Semple, Jr.’s screenplay, it betrays a different attitude toward Batman than Semple, and the Batman show in general, held.

Plus, one of our favorite versions of the Batman theme, Cesar Romero interviewed by Jean Boone at the premiere of Batman: The Movie, and more of your reaction to our discussion of West and Gorshin's Shea Stadium show!

Listen here
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
BAT 77

Re: TO THE BATPOLES #200 “Batman: The Movie”: The Novel

Post by BAT 77 »

Congrats on making it to 200 episodes. I completely understand and support you wanting to reduce the number of episodes to one every four weeks. As a former Bat-Podcaster, I know how exhausting it can be to put out a show every two or three weeks, and I'm sure with more time you'll have a better time planning, researching and producing future episodes.

As for future topics, I still would love to be a guest to talk about Adam and Burt's involvement with the 1977 Filmation Cartoon series - not a episode by episode analysis, but more of an overview of their work on the series, how the villains from the '66 show differed from their portrayals in the cartoon, and which villains created for the cartoon would've made good '66 villains (SWEET TOOTH!!)
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast