Ai interpretation of Futuristic Adam West Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BiffPow

Re: Ai interpretation of Futuristic Adam West Batman

Post by BiffPow »

It’s a bit disconcerting, though. I can definitely see this putting comic book artists and illustrators out of work.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

BiffPow wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:47 pm It’s a bit disconcerting, though. I can definitely see this putting comic book artists and illustrators out of work.
I'm not sure that's true. When desktop publishing was developing in the 80s, people talked about how that would put layout and graphic artists out of work. It is no longer done manually, but the need for graphic artists and print shops increased. And the terms "cut and paste" transitioned from literally scissors and tape to Ctrl X and Ctrl V.

Things change, but the democratization of art means that individuals will be able to produce high quality images, animations, and eventually AI video, without having to spend years mastering Photoshop, Blender, etc. You'll eventually be able to describe characters and plots and have the tools do the heavy lifting. There should be an explosion of new content and products as a result. Of course people will also produce a ton of dreck, and someone will create deepfakes of all sorts of vile things.

Still, there will always be a place for hand made, high craftsmanship, unique art that is strictly "human".
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

My sister worked in the graphic art/advertising, design, typesetting, printing and publishing industries during that time. When desktop computers with decent capabilities (primarily Apple PowerPCs, etc.) came around in the 1980s and early 1990s, the companies that she worked for, with and knew well either closed up shop or laid off most of their employees to last a few years longer (but ultimately closing). Businesses were doing their own “in house” design, layout and desktop publishing work with computers and did not see a need to have that hired out. So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on that.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

There are some AI generated Batman
videos too. Here is an example.

*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BiffPow wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:41 pm My sister worked in the graphic art/advertising, design, typesetting, printing and publishing industries during that time. When desktop computers with decent capabilities (primarily Apple PowerPCs, etc.) came around in the 1980s and early 1990s, the companies that she worked for, with and knew well either closed up shop or laid off most of their employees to last a few years longer (but ultimately closing). Businesses were doing their own “in house” design, layout and desktop publishing work with computers and did not see a need to have that hired out. So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on that.
That's why I keep up on ongoing graphics/audio/video technology oriented tools. I don't want to end up telling "blacksmith tales" of why I can't find work. But we're straying way off topic here.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Near future prediction...We will be able to choose an actor or actress from various eras, alive or dead, whom we want to be in each movie we watch
or AI create for that matter. Star Wars with James Cagney or Batman with Jimmy Stewart type deep fakes. Maybe have to pay per Likness used?

Rooms and cars that digitally decorate and change colors. Instant "wallpaper" graphics of whatever we choose covering everything we own.
That would mean Batman ceilings, walls and floors for most of us. I see a lot of us sitting in Batcaves when other people are sitting in beach scenes. LOL

BTW, here is a pretty funny story about an AI bot Batman Script.

Sample text..."Batman looks around for his parents, but they are still dead. This makes him have anger. He fires a batrocket. The Joker deflects with his sick sense of humor. A clownly power."

"Batman opens the present since he's a good guy. It contains a coupon for new parents, but is expired. This is a Joker joke."

https://movieweb.com/batman-movie-scrip ... elligence/
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

rsaffle wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:04 am There are some AI generated Batman
videos too. Here is an example.
I had seen this video as well. Some remarkable images, but I noticed that in many of the shots the bank robber's masks are all kinds of weird, the crowd scenes have multiple people with the same face, the costume and clothing change from scene to scene, Batman's chest emblem has two tails, etc. This is one of the limitations of AI generation at this stage -- there will be a certain degree of randomness in how the AI interprets the description. The creator said in the comments that he generates hundreds of images trying to get the look he is going for.

As these generators get more sophisticated and are trained on more specific objects, e.g., "ski mask", "balaclava", and so on, it will be easier to maintain consistency and get a specific look from scene to scene. Some of the Bruce Wayne images are nice, although he looks a bit like the traditional Clark Kent, but they could serve as a starting point for a good character model. I'd like to see someone take these ideas and generate a full film noir movie or video game. Shouldn't be long until someone does it, and in the future maybe we could be inserted as a character in a cameo: "Drew Masie as Wino #1".
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I also noticed that the Joker’s laugh at the end seems to be borrowed from Frank Gorshin’s Riddler.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Here's another film noir interpretation. The music is the '66 Batman theme on piano. Interesting version of the Joker based partly on the Joaquin Phoenix character.

DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Batgirl concept. Not based on anyone in particular, but I liked how well this came out.
Attachments
BG 1.png
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

What sort of input did you give or output did you request of the AI? I’ve been reluctant to try any of the AI art generators or chatGPT because I have mixed feelings about what it may mean to the future of education, art, creative, writing, etc., and I also wonder what sort of data are they collecting from those who make requests of it. But I am curious as to how much input does it need to create an image like this, for example.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

If you go to the site instantart.io, you are first presented with a gallery of images. If you click on a specific image you can see the text prompt and the image generator that was used.

There are other art generators that work in a similar way, and if you are a paid subscriber some of them allow you to keep the text prompts private so someone else can't "copy" your particular style. This would be important if one wanted to sell their art or use it commercially.

Other than joining the site by supplying an email address, and payment info if you subscribe, they aren't collecting information as far as I can tell.

Update: Check the privacy information for the specific site. They apparently do track what is being requested, location, and other info.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Thanks for the info
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

One more example, this time of 1940s Wonder Woman that I made with Lexica.art.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230216-084036.png
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Just played around and asked Chatgpt to
Come up with a funny scene involving 1966 Batman Adam West eating a bag of chips
Which it did in seconds. Still amazed at where this is going.

ChatGPT

Scene: A Retro Diner

(We see 1966 Batman, played by Adam West, sitting at a booth in a retro diner, his iconic costume slightly rumpled as he takes a break from fighting crime.)

Batman: (in his distinctive Adam West voice) Ah, Gotham's finest diner. A fitting place for a Caped Crusader to refuel.

(A waitress approaches with a bag of chips and places it on the table.)

Waitress: Here you go, Batman. One bag of chips, just the way you like them.

Batman: Thank you, my dear. (He picks up the bag and examines it with intrigue.)

Waitress: Anything else I can get for you?

Batman: (with a twinkle in his eye) Justice, my dear. But I'll settle for these chips for now.

(The waitress chuckles and walks away.)

Batman: (peering into the bag) Now, let's see what secrets lie within these crispy delights.

(He reaches into the bag and pulls out a chip, examining it closely before taking a bite. Suddenly, his expression changes to one of surprise.)

Batman: By the Batcave! These chips are more explosive than a Joker prank! (He takes another bite, savoring the flavor.)

(Just then, Commissioner Gordon enters the diner, spotting Batman at the booth.)

Commissioner Gordon: Ah, Batman! There you are. We've got a situation downtown.

Batman: (mouth full of chips) Fear not, Commissioner! The Dynamic Duo is always ready to answer the call of duty. But first, a quick snack.

(He gestures to the bag of chips, offering some to Commissioner Gordon, who politely declines.)

Commissioner Gordon: (smiling) Very well, Batman. Just don't forget to save some room for justice.

Batman: (with a chip in hand) Never fear, Commissioner. With chips like these, justice will never go unserved!

(With a flourish, Batman finishes off the bag of chips before rising from the booth, ready to face whatever challenges await in the streets of Gotham.)

End Scene