Ai interpretation of Futuristic Adam West Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

DrewMasie

Ai interpretation of Futuristic Adam West Batman

Post by DrewMasie »

Hi all. I've been experimenting with one of the online AI art tools and created an Adam West inspired Batman. This image doesn't have a cowl, but shows an older Bruce Wayne in a futuristic body suit.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230212-141943~2.png
Lou Szabo

Re: Ai interpretation of Futuristic Adam West Batman

Post by Lou Szabo »

Spurt of reminds me of another Bruce…Greenwood. Can you feed in Adam’s picture at various ages?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Nice job Drew!
Larry
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:05 pm Spurt of reminds me of another Bruce…Greenwood. Can you feed in Adam’s picture at various ages?
The system uses a text prompt to generate the image, so if you describe it correctly, e.g., "Young Adam West as futuristic Batman", you can get different ages. Different AI generators interpret the description differently, and sometimes you get something that looks like a horror character with body parts in the wrong place. You can run it multiple times and each time the results will be different.

Here's another example:
Attachments
Screenshot_20230212-185035~3.png
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

The second one looks like Affleck. What AI generator are you using?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

This could be a great tool for law enforcement and war crimes folks. I wonder if anthropologists and forensic reconstruction folks could use this to generate facial reconstructions.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

DrewMasie wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:30 pm Hi all. I've been experimenting with one of the online AI art tools and created an Adam West inspired Batman. This image doesn't have a cowl, but shows an older Bruce Wayne in a futuristic body suit.
I tried to find a left side picture of Adam, but he seems to favor his right side

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Very cool Drew!
AI stuff is pretty fascinating and quickly evolving. In my line of work, it's best to get familiar with all of the tools. I took a stab early on by trying to train my own models for Adam and Yvonne a few months ago to see what could be done. Very tricky, not perfect but intriguing. I'll probably take another go at it sometime.
Ai Adam West by Scot Sebring 01.jpg
Ai Adam West by Scot Sebring 02.jpg
Ai Adam West by Scot Sebring 03.jpg
Ai Adam West by Scot Sebring 04.jpg
Ai Yvonne Craig by Scot Sebring 01.jpg
Ai Yvonne Craig by Scot Sebring 02.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Holy Uncanny Valley, Batman!
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

BiffPow wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:21 am The second one looks like Affleck. What AI generator are you using?
I am using a site called Instantart.io, but there are many others. I am just learning about this technology, so I don't know much, but you may have heard references to Stable Diffusion, Mid Journey, or other models.

Instartart allows you to choose from a selection of rendering models, and each one produces different results. Some are realistic, others cartoony, or surrealistic, and there's even one based on the look of "Tron". The processing all takes place on their servers, so it sometimes often fails to generate any images when there is a lot of demand. But it's free (so far), and I've been impressed by some of the images. Others are freaky and kind of disturbing.

This is a new field, but I imagine it won't be long before you can take your own image or 3d scan, type in the parameters, and create an image of yourself (or anyone else) as any character in any scenario. Want to see Lynda Carter or Megan Fox as Catwoman? Albert Einstein as Alfred Pennyworth? A painting of Patrick Stewart as Mr. Freeze in the style of Alex Ross? A character design for a Steampunk Green Hornet? Nearly anything is possible.

If you check YouTube you'll see images that have been strung together in a narrative, such as "Justice League - 1920s Version" with b&w images of the characters in period costumes. Some of the images are odd-looking, but the technology is still in its infancy.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Scott Sebring wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:59 am Very cool Drew!
AI stuff is pretty fascinating and quickly evolving. In my line of work, it's best to get familiar with all of the tools. I took a stab early on by trying to train my own models for Adam and Yvonne a few months ago to see what could be done. Very tricky, not perfect but intriguing. I'll probably take another go at it sometime.
Wow, these are pretty convincing, but they do look just a little "off". The tools have difficulty with eyes, hands, fingers, etc. I've just become aware of these tools recently so I haven't gotten to the point of trying to use existing photos or models, (I do use text-to-speech AI tools for work).

I'm sure that there will be a lot of ethical considerations for this stuff. If the image of Adam West or Yvonne are generated by AI, who owns the image? It's their likeness, but it's not a real picture.

Here's an illustration I made of Lynda Carter as Selina Kyle. Not exactly what I was going for, but still pretty cool.
Attachments
LC CatWm.png
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Portraits of Yvonne Craig inspired Catwoman. Meow!
Attachments
YV CatW3.png
YV CatW2.png
YV CatW.png
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

This is some cool stuff.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Whoa! Yes, VERY cool stuff!