"Collecting Heroes" - Podcast

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

"Collecting Heroes" - Podcast

Post by Ben Bentley »

Last year, I started listening to the "Collecting Heroes" podcast, a really enjoyable show that interviews Pop Culture collectors from around the world. Each episode is an interview with someone who collects a different niche or spin on a pop culture franchise. The episodes are very conversational and JD, (the show's Australian host) does a great job of making these episodes feel like you're sat around a table in a coffee shop or a bar listening in on a great chat.

Anyhoo, all of this preamble is a long walk to telling you that i'm this week's guest talking about my '66 Bat-Collection and generally gushing about my love for the TV show.

You can listen to the episode via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOzHUOqUXuA or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and most of the usual places you listen to your podcasts.

Ben_Bentley-Collector_Portraits-04.23.23-Web_Res-8220.jpg
Z6-Collection-Jan_2023-Ben_Bentley-Web_Res-8091.JPG
AndyFish

Re: "Collecting Heroes" - Podcast

Post by AndyFish »

Great job, Ben-- that was a fun interview.
What is the King Tut figure in the pic? Can we get a closer look?
Love it!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:46 pm Great job, Ben-- that was a fun interview.
What is the King Tut figure in the pic? Can we get a closer look?
Love it!
Thanks, Mr Fish!

The Pharaoh in question was a gift from a close friend scaling down their collection, it's a Johnny Resin figure from 2004/2005ish.

Here's a closer look!
X100-Collection-June_2022-Ben_Bentley-Web_Res-6592.JPG
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I had fun hearing this and learning more about your history Ben. You are very well spoken and of course highly knowledgeable. I do find it interesting how young you actually are compared to the series. I'm very jealous of how well displayed your collection is. Mine currently looks like a mess and most is hidden.

Fun hearing you mention my props too and reminding me about my quest to make a prop from every episode.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I really enjoyed the conversation Ben!
I did need a broom to pick up all the name drops, but very cool because I recognized all of them.
I will definitely check out more episodes of the podcast.
Beware the Gray Ghost
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Beautiful Tut! Love it.