TREATMENT by Yale Udoff: "Rembrandt the Third Meets His Master"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

TREATMENT by Yale Udoff: "Rembrandt the Third Meets His Master"

Post by bat-rss »

This coming Thursday, 5/18/23, Paul and I will be recording a BATPOLES episode about this unused treatment. As usual, any comments you leave will be considered for inclusion in the podcast.

Read the Treatment Here
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
robinboyblunderer

Re: TREATMENT by Yale Udoff: "Rembrandt the Third Meets His Master"

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I may have more to say on this later.

first, thanks for sharing another treatment. I was excited to take a look though the title isn't that catchy. To be fair maybe it was just a placeholder title.

Hmm...what's good here? The concept. A villain who uses painting as a motif opens up some possibilities for storytelling, between a variety of schemes, criminal gang names and even hideout potential. But this just seems a bit dull.

Things that stood out.

Alfred faking a heart attack?!? On a show for children (and adults of course). There's no way they'd do that. Frightening for children and disturbing for adults. I'm sure after a hard day's work someone wants to see a unflappable Britigsh gentelman feign cardiac arrest. Not good.

Rembardnt the Third? I don't like the name for the villain.

Catching the duo in a net off a statue; expensive and not really related to painting. And just boring. Same with the deathtrap, seems expensive and not very interesting, a bit cliche.

The entire Moldavian (?) plot at the end. I think it was Moldavia, I'll go check another time but whatever that plot is, it read as boring. This is a treatment and yet this part draggged and I found myself skimming ahead.

The driving ending, not only would that be expensive it's not that interesting. Anticlimatic.

Preliminary thoughts. Regardless fellas, THANKS for sharing this.
bat-rss

Re: TREATMENT by Yale Udoff: "Rembrandt the Third Meets His Master"

Post by bat-rss »

I was mistaken on the deadline. We're recording on the 19th. So you have an additional day.
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"