It's a Small World, Robin

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

DrewMasie

It's a Small World, Robin

Post by DrewMasie »

After watching the "Unofficial Epic Batman Trailer", I was reminded that one of my high school teachers was the son of Madge Blake. I only knew him as "Mr. Blake", so I thought I'd look up Madge on Wikipedia to see if he was named. I learned that Madge and his father, James Lincoln Blake, were married in Riverside, CA (which is where I live and went to high school), and that Madge died in Pasadena (near where I currently work, not far from the home used as the exterior shots of Wayne Manor).

Their second son, James Harlan Blake, was born in 1924. An announcement of James' birth appeared in the local newspaper in Riverside, California:

"Rev. and Mrs. A. W. Cummings of West Riverside have received word of the birth of a son to their daughter, Mrs. J. L. Blake of Los Angeles. Mrs. Blake was Miss Madge Cummings of this city before her marriage. The baby was born at the Methodist hospital in Los Angeles yesterday afternoon and has been named James Harlan. Mr. and Mrs. Blake made their home in Riverside until recently, when they removed to Los Angeles."

And, if that's not enough of a connection, my wife's first name is Robin. Ka-POW!!!
Ben Bentley

Re: It's a Small World, Robin

Post by Ben Bentley »

Holy-less-than-six-degrees-of-separation!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 am Holy-less-than-six-degrees-of-separation!
Now I’m thinking about bacon.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

BiffPow wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:59 am
Ben Bentley wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:10 am Holy-less-than-six-degrees-of-separation!
Now I’m thinking about bacon.
Sir Francis?
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Well, first Kevin, then just bacon. Sizzling, hot, crispy, delicious bacon.

Now it’s on toast with mustard, lettuce and tomato.

🤤
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I've posted it before, but this is where Madge Blake lived during the series - 415 N. Holliston, Apt. 10, Pasadena, CA:
415 n holliston madge blake-02.jpg
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

That is cool! I hadn’t seen it before. Thanks for reposting.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

I've passed by her apartment hundreds of times on the 210 freeway and never knew about it. Thanks for the info.