Episode 120 guest stars

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Episode 120 guest stars

Post by Lou Szabo »

After 45 years, I just watched the final episode. I found the secrets revealed by the two guests appeared to be a mild thumbing of their noses at the network and the industry. Looks like Mr. Dozier and Mr. Horwitz had a little fun in that episode. :lol:
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
High C

Re: Episode 120 guest stars

Post by High C »

To paraphrase a joke epaddon once had on the old board, when Zsa Zsa asked Dozier how he became so wealthy, he should have said, 'By not spending any money on third-season sets!' :)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Szabol wrote:After 45 years, I just watched the final episode. I found the secrets revealed by the two guests appeared to be a mild thumbing of their noses at the network and the industry. Looks like Mr. Dozier and Mr. Horwitz had a little fun in that episode. :lol:
The show had already been, or was about to be, cancelled, so the pair figured, why not?
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

In my imagination, the Bat Team considered having Sir Alfred Hitchcock appear in the show, but he was busy promoting his 1966 film "Torn Curtain" and making his 1969 film "Topaz".

So, Inspired, Dozier and Horowitz decided to appear in an episode.

Alternatively, Hitchcock might have presented a story in Dozier's stead. "Hello, Citizens, my name is Alfred Hitchcock. When we left Batman and Robin last time, they were once again in dire peril."

<grin>

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
exm

Post by exm »

Hitchcock would have been a great cameo during season one or two! Though possibly that'd have a little too clever - taking it too far outside of what a child could recognize as an adventure story, (which they ahered to for the most part)
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Hey Honk,

I absolutely agree Hitchcock window cameo would have been fantastic. Given that thee were so brief, he could easily introduced himself, as he routinely did, to the Dynamic Duo and their brief conversation could have explained who he was.

Hitchcock's television presentation show predated our favorite show and he often lent his name to projects with which he had little involvement, as well as a mystery series for children, though The Three Investigators likely came into being after the show.

I owned an LP record as a child in which Hitchcock introduced ghost stories:

Hello, boys and girls. My name is Alfred Hitchcock and I'm delighted to find that you believe in ghosts, too. After all, they believe in you, and it's only common courtesy and politeness to return the favor."

He was as good at self promotion as he was directing his movies.

Mr Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!