1966 Batman returns to a brand new comic!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rubinekso

1966 Batman returns to a brand new comic!

Post by rubinekso »

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/batman- ... arker.html

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the world of the 1966 Batman show is returning to comics (digital first, then print.) Click above for info!

Yellow Oval

Re: 1966 Batman returns to a brand new comic!

Post by Yellow Oval »

Yep. First Batman comic I have been looking forward to since DC's 'No Man's Land' series back in the '90s. Quite the wait!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Great idea that I will most certainly give a look. But Joker, I have to confess looks like he's dressed like Captain Kangaroo!
exm

Post by exm »

I like the interview with the writer. It's great that he is looking for a season one feel to this series.

It doesn't sound like it'll be treated specifically as season 4 or refer back to past episodes much, so not much concerned with continuity. Do we have an opinion on that either way? I wouldn't mind continuity at all, particularly when and if it goes past a dozen issues.

If my guess that they lack the rights to most actor likenesses (they sure better have the rights to Stafford Repp, Neil Hamilton and Alan Napier, or they can hang it up right now) then creating 1966 versions of modern-day villains is not a bad solution
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

Given the Joker looks like Captain Kangaroo we will know this series is doomed if our heroes are strapped down to be slowly pummeled to death by ping pong balls after the Clown Prince of Crime uses a moose puppet to explain their impending fate.

I'm looking forward to this comic and issue 1 will feature the Riddler.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!