Catwoman and Riddler featured in first DC 1966 digital comic

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Catwoman and Riddler featured in first DC 1966 digital comic

Post by High C »

Here's the link, hat (well, cowl) tip to NJ Batfan:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia ... p?gid=4984

I apologize to the moderators. I realize there's a thread on the merchandise section about this, but I wanted to see if I could start some discussion about it on the main board where there tends to be a bit more discussion about the show itself, considering the fact the comic will be based on the show.

Anybody have any opinions based on the blurb in the above link? I'll admit, I'd prefer the evil Newmar Catwoman of S1 as opposed to the comics-style one who tends to flip-flop between good and evil. But that's just me. Maybe it will play out very well.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Re: Catwoman and Riddler featured in first DC 1966 digital c

Post by elmrgraham »

I would also prefer the evil Julie Newmar Catwoman who is in love with her enemy, Batman.
High C

Post by High C »

elmrgraham wrote:I would also prefer the evil Julie Newmar Catwoman who is in love with her enemy, Batman.
Then how evil can she be? That was the problem in season 2. Her puppy-dog-like affection for Batman took away from her evil, IMO. And it was written more as a teenage crush than a mature adult love, too.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Bob

Post by Bob »

The season 2 love sick schoolgirl Catwoman was terrible, I hope she is a creepy cat fetish freak again in this book
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Here's the solicit in case some of you don't want to leave this thread:

BATMAN ‘66 #1
Written by JEFF PARKER
Art by JONATHAN CASE
Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
1:25 Variant cover by JONATHAN CASE
On sale JULY 31 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
DIGITAL FIRST
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Put on your go-go boots and get ready to “Batusi” back to the Swingin’ 60s as DC Comics reimagines the classic Batman TV series in comics form for the first time! These all-new stories portray The Caped Crusader, The Boy Wonder and their fiendish rogues gallery just the way viewers remember them. In this first adventure, The Riddler’s out to steal some valuable artwork from under the noses of Gotham’s police. But Batman gets help from an unlikely source: a certain femme fatale dressed in feline finery!

I'm guessing that a print version will follow down the line and probably a trade paperback collection.
I hope so anyway. DC really needs to appeal to us old school fans who still like something to bag and board! :)
exm

Post by exm »

They're having variant covers for an online comic?! I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that's part of the tongue in cheek humor we're in store for.

I don't so mind Catwoman turning on a fellow villain to save Batman - they could do that without turning her "good". I wouldn't have minded seeing that in an episode, but I suppose they wanted characters to be all-good or all-bad (though I think Catwoman often fell short of being truly evil)