Adam & Burt Will Be in Indy for Awesome Con!

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mark Racop

Re: Adam & Burt Will Be in Indy for Awesome Con!

Post by Mark Racop »

Glad to hear you can make it, Kathy and Bobbi! The more the merrier.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Just seen this post a few days ago,Just returned from Chicago and thinking this might be a great time to get to see some members again,plus have something signed that has been tricky.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Sounds great, Robert!
Mjcat82

Post by Mjcat82 »

The price was org 400! The con dropped it a tiny bit. As I've said before I have no problem giving adam and burt money for their time and autos. I hate when a con jacks it up to make a big profit. They'd sell more if they were reasonable.

I bought just a reg pass for Friday and Saturday I'm certain I'll get my pic and auto and a seat at the panel :)
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

It seems as though I can get the VIP 3 day pass for $150, but it doesn't say that it includes anything Burt and Adam, and to see them you need a 3 day VIP Adam and Burt "specialty" pass, for $350...I can't afford that.

My question is what would be the cost to see Adam and Burt for just one day?
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

You don't have to buy the VIP tickets to see Adam and Burt. The VIP tickets are for additional photo ops, to bypass the lines, and other premiums. You can still get autographs from both at their booths. It is my understanding that the panel doesn't require the premium pass, either, but I'm still not certain.

The Friday single day pass is $25, and the Saturday single day pass is $30. (For comparison, the three day pass is $60). Reminder: Adam will be there on Friday and Saturday only.

Here is the page from the convention website about tickets:

http://www.awesome-con.com/indianapolis ... ianapolis/
westbatman

Post by westbatman »

I have it on my calendar Mark but this is my busy time of the year at work so we'll see. Will you have a Batmobile there?

Andy
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Andy, I hope you can make it. We are racing the clock to have a car finished in time. :)
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Troy and Chris are planning to be at Awesome Con! This con gets more and more, er, awesome by the day!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Awesome Con is coming up fast! There are enough board members coming to have an after con Batparty, but I'm having troubles finding a venue--the hotels are all booked with the Colts playing Sunday. Hopefully something will open up between now and then.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

We will be hosting an "after con" Batparty in room 121 at the convention center on Saturday, October 4th, at approximately 8PM. We will have props, costumes, magazines, and videos on display. We always have a great time at these meetings--we hope to see you there!
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

My doctors are telling me I have atleast another week of antibiotic infusions before I'm completely cured, I'm very disappointed with this news...but my health has to be my number one priority. My mother and I would have been on the road by now and now it seems we won't be leaving Minneapolis until sometime next week. I'll miss the awesome con, but in another month I can enjoy the new dvd set.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

We had a great time at Awesome Con this past weekend. It was so nice catching up with so many of our wonderful bat friends. I'll post some pictures after I've caught my breath again. Being gone from the Fiberglass Freaks Batcave for four days is rough, but I'm just about caught up with all my messages and projects. To the Batmobile!
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

I attended Awesome Con on Friday October 3rd. I reside in suburban Indy and had company coming in from out-of-state and unfortunately didn't have a lot of extra time. Got down there around 4pm or so and was surprised by the sparse crowd. I hope they had a much better turnout on the weekend. I was very impressed with the staff at Fiberglass Freaks as they couldn't have been nicer, were very helpful. Did the $10 JPG photo opp in the Batmobile. Also, did the photo opp with Adam West And Burt Ward, there were maybe 20 people in line. I tried to upload some photos to the Gallery and hopefully they will show up later. The photo opp with the "Dynamic Duo" was $110. I see Adam was charging $80 for autographs.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Thanks for your kind comments, jjkandlak! Friday was very slow at Awesome Con, but Saturday was great. Sunday was good, especially considering how slow Friday was. I'm glad you had a good time.