Adam & Burt at Dallas Comic Con

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wayoutjunk

Adam & Burt at Dallas Comic Con

Post by wayoutjunk »

Adam West and Burt Ward have recently been announced as guests at the Dallas Comic Con Oct. 17-19. More info here:

http://dallascomiccon.com/guests/
weirdkorey

Re: Adam & Burt at Dallas Comic Con

Post by weirdkorey »

YES! I will most certainly be there!!
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

HOLY LET DOWN!!

So my wife & I bought 3 day pass tickets to the Dallas Comic Con this weekend because Adam West & Burt Ward were scheduled to be there all weekend. However on our way to the convention it was announced on the convention website that both Adam & Burt had cancelled & would not be attending. This was a huge disappointment to us because the only reason we spent the money & drove the distance was to meet & get autographs/photos with Adam & Burt. There were a lot of people at the convention that were very upset about this news because most of them (like us) didnt get the news until minutes before arriving to the convention when it was posted online or didnt know until they arrived & they had already purchased advanced tickets & Adam & Burt were the only reason they came. To make matters worse the tickets were non refundable.

I did end up getting a few cool items from some of the vendors, however it was still an incredibly big disappointment. From what I have heard in the past Adam rarely ever cancels a convention appearance. Does anybody have any idea why they would have cancelled?
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

I read that the cancellation was due to a promotional tour for the Blu-ray DVD release of the Batman TV Series.
dgoodspeed

Post by dgoodspeed »

That's a bummer. I live in Oklahoma and was seriously debating driving down on a whim...