Vintage vhs interview Batman and Robin in costumes.

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Vintage vhs interview Batman and Robin in costumes.

Post by rsaffle »

Found a neat vhs copied interview with Our hero's signing at a show.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClC22UkA ... MyMTA2M2Y=
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: Vintage vhs interview Batman and Robin in costumes.

Post by Ben Bentley »

This was really fun to watch, a better first generation transfer than a lot of the similar copy of a copy of a copy VHS footage some that era of appearances. Batmania Canada has posted the second part to this clip now too: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClH5fNLACZN/

A heads up for those lurking this thread, you do not have to be logged in to Instagram/have a profile in order to watch these videos that Randy and I have linked to in this thread.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Always hard to watch these because it was such a dark time for Adam. I think Burt recognized he wasn't moving on to a real acting career so he just embraced what to him was a lucky break, but Adam had bigger ambitions.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Funny how they typecast actors back in the day, but now they, not so much in the era of blockbusters. I listened to a podcast with Steven Spielberg and how they decided on Harrison Ford for Indy. Spielberg ask if he thought Harrison was a good fit, and it was Lucas who said "Na, He's Han Solo". Ironic because he was a different character in His 1973 movie. Spielberg pointed out that many fine actors transcend their roles. Different era, Different mindset. I would love to see him in a villain role in a Bond movie of the era. I hope he felt the love and warmth we all felt for him. I know it doesn't buy a cup of coffee, but he launched a bunch of careers.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Eventually the people who watched the show became the decision makers at studios so as we know Adam's career had a resurgence. If you want to know his lowest point, it was the year he was "shot" out of a cannon in the batsuit. I think it was 1974? It's in his book. He was human and he found comfort in some bad habits which makes his story compelling, but as his family has said when I approached them about a possible graphic novel biography, could tarnish his image.

It's fascinating that there was even a bias against actors either being "TV" or "Movie" actors-- Clint Eastwood wanted to make the jump but no studio would give him a chance since he was so tied to the TV Series RAWHIDE and it was only after going to Italy to make his "Spaghetti Westerns" that he became a movie star. If I remember correctly, Adam had the same offer in 1965 but opted to do BATMAN instead.