Barris Batman collection at Volo Auto museum

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Barris Batman collection at Volo Auto museum

Post by John Mack »

If you live in Chicago or Wisconsin, you're soooo lucky!

http://www.volocars.com/attractions-hol ... guTaM.dpbs

Can anyone tell me WHICH Batmobile is showing there? Curious. Barris was there last weekend signing autographs, but if you know Barris, you know that means nothing.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Mark Racop

Re: Barris Batman collection at Volo Auto museum

Post by Mark Racop »

As far as I know, the 1966 Batmobile replica in Volo is still the Don Currie kit built by Peter Borne.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just saw the Volo Car Museum on a syndicated show called 'Small Town, Big Deal' and it made me wonder which Batmobile they had, so I looked at the museum site. In the video on this page, it looks like the certificate says it's a 1979 Lincoln, even though the text and video make it sound like it was one of the 60s cars that Barris built. Of course the hosts of 'Small Town, Big Deal' called it the 'original' Batmobile, which I knew it wasn't, but the general public likely wouldn't know that.
Randy

Post by Randy »

The original '66 they had was a Currie. Im not sure if the one on display now is the same car. Mark posted some pictures i sent him a while back. I don't remember what the verdict was.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

The current car at Volo is apparently a Doug Hines/Gotham Cruisers kit. I'm not sure of the builder.