Monster Mania

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr.Freeze

Monster Mania

Post by Mr.Freeze »

On Fri I got constipated at the con (well , actually before......it wasn't the cons food) and then when I was feeling a little better (not by much) Adam had left and Burt was just about to leave as well 2 hrs before con ended , "oh well I'll try on Sun" I thought.....same thing happened again on Sun , why can't guests stay the whole day.......it's one thing to leave 30 mins or 15 mins before closing but 2 hrs :roll:

Of course I missed Mikkelsen as well , had I known I'd only meet Mr Grouch aka Chewbacca then I would've stayed at home.

I almost want to quit cons now , this soured me BIG time. All the way from Europe for this......
West Fan

Re: Monster Mania

Post by West Fan »

I don't mean any disrespect, but why would you wait until late Friday or late Sunday to go? Saturday is always the big day and normally the celebs are there later. I don't think there's ever a hard-set schedule with the celebs, when it gets quiet they leave. Sundays they always seem to leave early for flights or travel. I wouldn't give up on cons yet, I would just be sure to go see the celebs you want to at the best time, like Saturday afternoons - especially if your travelling across continents!
onoman

Post by onoman »

Sorry not to change the subject but…. I'll tell you what soured me was Adam's inflated autograph price and he didn't even take photos with anyone!!!!
West Fan

Post by West Fan »

No way! How much was he charing now? I know the last time I saw him over a year ago he was charging $80 - now how much is it? I did hear from another friend of mine that he was allowing photos with him at the table for $40.
simm

Post by simm »

He was charging $80 again, which is quite a lot just for a sig, one that has to be personalized at that. Once that announcement was made, many folks left his line and most of the day he didn't even have a line which is probably why he left so early. Looks like he is pricing himself out of the con business.
West Fan

Post by West Fan »

That's the norm these days I guess. I don't think Adam has to worry about pricing himself out of the con business anytime soon. From the shows I've seen him at in the past, his line is always pretty big. My friend that went to Monster Mania said it was a weird set up with Adam, Burt and a couple of others in a seperate room away from the main area. He also said most people were real "monster" fans and it wasn't really the idea show for non-monster celebs. Maybe that had something to with it.
Thefanboy59

Post by Thefanboy59 »

I hate to say this but Adam has priced himself out of my range. I don't need it anyway but it would be nice to say hello now and then. I stopped my getting Adam's autograph when it was $50. My last one was a free one at a Family Guy signing at SDCC. I would pay for a special photo session. Next to the Batcopter or Batcycle. That would be cool.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Fan : "I have this item sgd by Romero"

AW : "Well , then it'll be a hundred"

Fan : "No thanks"

(this actually happened......had I been a celeb I'd rather have 80$ than 0$)
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

I've said it before...i will say it again,,i am one of the lucky few who met ADAM,,BURT,,YVONNE,,JULIE,,,LEE,,,and FRANK...back in the 1980s !!!!!!!! when cons would have the celebs on stage for about an hour..they would tell their stories,,etc,,then answer questions!!!! followed by autograph session,,,,,which would be "FREE"....among my many signed BAT-ITEMS which by the way are NOT inscribed !!! are...1966 soundtrack album by ADAM & BURT....LIFE MAG, signed by,ADAM,,,,ADAM WEST FAN CLUB MAG. signed by ADAM..belgium 1966 movie poster..signed by ADAM,,,BURT,,,,FRANK & LEE,,,plus the normal 8x10 S one buys at shows.. these are a few of my fav,,items,,,,,..these items are now displayed in MY BATCAVE {LOL}....
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

P.S they would also pose for photos...also NO CHARGE !!!!!! if i do attend cons today with ADAM etc,,,etc,,,i will stop an say hello as i pass their tables,,,thats about it..
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Had a great time at monstermania. A Fios news crew filmed me performing the Joker, Riddler, and Penguin all weekend for a story. Had the pleasure of performing the Riddler for Adam West. He was laughing. Just a fun weekend!
Attachments
The Penguin dances!
The Penguin dances!
The Penguin
The Penguin
Me as The Penguin, with a Robin cutout.
Me as The Penguin, with a Robin cutout.
Me with Burt Ward.
Me with Burt Ward.
Autographed picture from Adam
Autographed picture from Adam
Autographed picture from Burt
Autographed picture from Burt
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

More of me in costume!
Attachments
The Joker!!!
The Joker!!!
The Joker!
The Joker!
The Riddler!
The Riddler!
The Riddler with a young fan!
The Riddler with a young fan!
The Riddler!
The Riddler!
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

I saw you standing next to the toilets , talking with some people ;)