Adam West on Celebrity Bowling

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Adam West on Celebrity Bowling

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I found this listing on the new channel, Decades, for Monday March 9th:

Celebrity Bowling
Mon 3/09, 1:30 AM 30 min
"Roy Rogers and Adam West vs. Kent McCord and Gary Collins"

Decades is owned by CBS, if that helps anyone to find it in their listings. It's a free over-the-air channel like Cozi and Me-TV, etc.
scottmandew

Re: Adam West on Celebrity Bowling

Post by scottmandew »

We don't seem to have this channel on our cable system, so I'll have to miss it. I don't remember that show from my youth, but it sure sounds like fun to watch now.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: Adam West and Frank Gorshin on Celebrity Bowling

I originally posted about Adam West being on Sun nite/Mon morning at 1:30 a.m., but I see there's a listing with Frank Gorshin before that, at Noon Sunday:

Celebrity Bowling
Sun, 3/08, 12:00 PM 30 min
"John Beradino and Greg Morris vs. Frank Gorshin and Chris Gorshin"

Still looking through my listings and I see Lee Meriwether at 2:30 p.m. Sunday:

Celebrity Bowling
Sun, 3/08, 2:30 PM 30 min
"Gloria Loring and Trini Lopez vs. Lee Meriwether and David H. Canary"

and at 3:00 p.m.:

Celebrity Bowling
KYW-DT2 - 3.2 - Sun, 3/08, 3:00 PM 30 min
"Sue Ann Langdon and Trini Lopez vs. Lee Meriwether & Max Baer"

Scottmandew, it looks like the actual network won't debut until May 25th, so perhaps cable stations aren't picking it up yet. This Wiki page has a list near the bottom of places that can pick it up via antenna:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decades_%28TV_network%29
Gleeps, it's Batman

The show didn't introduce him as having played Batman, only as "a fine actor". I heard one of the commentators say something about Mayor Linseed and Wayne Manor during the game. Then later after Adam got a strike one guy said "It's amazing what a phone booth will do for you" and someone said, "You've got the wrong guy" so I assume that was supposed to be some kind of Superman reference. Adam seemed to be chewing gum the whole show. They said his daughter Jonelle was there. Oh, and they said that the team of Roy Rogers and Adam West bowled the second highest game in Celebrity Bowling history, but that was mostly due to all of the strikes Roy Rogers got. That's all I can remember about the show.

Sorry about the poor picture, but I snapped it off the TV. Adam's pants looked to be some kind of red and green plaid.
Attachments
Celebrity Bowling.jpg
antman67

Post by antman67 »

It's on Youtube here:

or
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

I was pleasantly surprised to see What a good bowler Roy Rogers turned out to be
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Fun!
Does anyone know the original air date of this?
High C

Post by High C »

If only Adam had perfected the three-step approach, citizens!

Great find!
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
High C

Post by High C »

BatmiteReturns wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:19 am I was pleasantly surprised to see What a good bowler Roy Rogers turned out to be
Roy was very accurate with the Trigger...
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 am I heard one of the commentators say something about Mayor Linseed and Wayne Manor during the game.
The guy who made the comment was referring to himself as well as to Adam: Celebrity Bowling host Byron Keith played Mayor Linseed on Batman.

Adam's non-acknowledgment of the remark, and absence of other references to Batman, suggest to me that Adam was really trying to distance himself from his most famous role at the time of the show. It's great that he was able to make peace with all that later in his career.
High C

Post by High C »

Jim Akin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:16 am
Gleeps, it's Batman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 am I heard one of the commentators say something about Mayor Linseed and Wayne Manor during the game.
The guy who made the comment was referring to himself as well as to Adam: Celebrity Bowling host Byron Keith played Mayor Linseed on Batman.

Adam's non-acknowledgment of the remark, and absence of other references to Batman, suggest to me that Adam was really trying to distance himself from his most famous role at the time of the show. It's great that he was able to make peace with all that later in his career.
Good points.

In answer to Jimmy L.'s question, imdb, which I assume you already consulted, says 1973 but nothing more specific.

TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Pretty cool and going by the clothes, definitely the 70s.

If anyone is wondering how to get that channel (yes, it was a while ago) in case they air other cool stuff, here is a link to their site where you can look up availability by state;
https://www.decades.com/wheretowatch/

Also, if your only option is Over The Air, you can get a digital antenna and pick up local broadcasts. I've been using one for a few years and have been very happy with it. It's no different than cable, quality-wise.

I live 30 miles west of Austin, TX and this is the one I have. https://www.rcaantennas.net/indoor-hd-a ... u=ANT1400E
It has worked very well. Worth noting, I live in the hill country and my property is at 1200' elevation. I'm higher than Austin where the elevation is 490'.
For me, the antenna works well just sitting next to the TV. If you're at sea level, you might have to run a longer cable and get it into the attic to get it above the other homes or buildings. I had the cable and the spot ready for my attic, but it turned out I didn't need it.
They also make some for longer distances if you're further from the antennas in your city.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”