Adam West's ep of Love American Style on Tuesday

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Adam West's ep of Love American Style on Tuesday

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I see Adam West's episode of Love American Style in my listings. It's on Decades at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday May 5th. Decades is actually launching at the end of this month, but they've been doing marathons of shows in the run-up to the actual launch of the channel.
NJ_Batfan

Re: Adam West's ep of Love American Style on Tuesday

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Gleeps, hope you won't feel I'm hijacking the thread by adding the following Batman cast appearances on LAS that will run on Decades in the next few days:

Tues. 5/5: Julie Newmar in Love and the Cake 3:30 PM Eastern
Love and the Big Night 8:30 PM Eastern
Wed. 5/6: Burgess Meredith in Love and the Hypnotist 5 AM Eastern
Yvonne Craig in Love & The Big Game 3PM Eastern
Cesar Romero in Love and the Dual Love 9:30 PM Eastern
Thurs, 5/7: Yvonne Craig in Love & the Loud Mouth Midnight Eastern
Burgess Meredith in Love & The Artful Dodger 3 AM Eastern
Gleeps, it's Batman

Oh no, I'm GLAD that you did that, NJ_Batfan! I didn't feel like looking through 214 episodes (I think that was the number) to see who all would be appearing in episodes.

Thanks!

Edit: Watching the ep right now, and I can tell that they've cut a small portion with Adam out of it because I rented it from Netflix a couple of years ago.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I think the episode was very important to Adam West at the time. He played himself as a huge "movie star" doing a golf tournament. It was the sort of thing he hoped would launch him unto a film career. It might have, but the film & TV business changed a lot at about that period. I have that on DVD. It's quite good, even considering George "Goober" Lindsey co-stars. :) Adam seemed to be having a great time in the episode.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Gleeps, it's Batman

More Love American Style eps: Julie and Yvonne

Decades is running another Love American Style marathon this weekend. I see Julie Newmar's episode Love and The Bathtub is listed for 6:30 pm Eastern time on Saturday 6/27, and Yvonne's episode Love And The Confession is listed for Sunday at 5:00 a.m. Eastern.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Just caught "Love and the Impossible Gift" from 1973 starring Ann Rutherford. Her husband was played by...William Dozier (also her real-life husband)!