Cassandra Petersen (Elvira)
Billy Dee Williams (In my Colt45 hat)
Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) and Tom Savini (who also did the make up for Creepshow)
They had a photographer there to take professional pics of costumes, so I got a session:
The Original Screen Used Batcopter
The Canadian 501st Garrison set up insanely detailed set pieces. Hats off to those guys. Their work is incredible.
Plus they had the Force Awakens Stormtroopers
And I'll finish it off with a montage of my favorite costumes from the Con.
And finally, Sunday was the 30th Anniversary of the Goonies so Mikey (Sean Astin) swore the Fratelli Brothers (Joe Pantoliano and Robert Davi) in as Honorary Goonies, thereby burying the hatchet.
- Elvira is as lovely as ever.
- Margot Kidder reminds me of my Aunt now, but she is still sharper mentally than Billy Dee Williams, who was unsure if he was in Canada or Buffalo.
- There were probably more girls than guys at the Con.
- The Border Crossing Patrol guys love this Con. Still wearing my Batman Costume (sans cowl), the Border guy asked me no questions, but simply declared "Comic Con", and waved me into the U.S.
- Richard Hatch is still a very passionate person, but is mistaken when he says Ron Moore's Galactica was better than Glen Larson's.
- The other cosplayers, who actually constructed their costumes, have far more talent than I, who simply assembled my costume. There's a difference. I salute them.
- Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) is the most friendly, vibrant presence in the room. That man is the new King of Cool as far as I'm concerned.
And all this despite Nichelle Nichols and Yvonne Craig's unfortunate cancellations. This was the best Con I'd ever been to. Had a blast, and can't wait for next year.