My Pics from Niagara Falls Comic Con 2015

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

scottmandew

Re: My Pics from Niagara Falls Comic Con 2015

Post by scottmandew »

Hedji wrote:Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) is the most friendly, vibrant presence in the room. That man is the new King of Cool as far as I'm concerned.
Great pics! A quick Ken Foree story...
I've taken my family to a family friendly classic monster movie convention near Pittsburgh called the Monster Bash for quite a few years now. Back when my daughters were younger, Ken Foree was a guest one year. My daughters knew Ken not from Dawn of the Dead, but as the Dad in the Kenan and Kel Show on Nickolodeon. They saw him at the Bash, ran up to him and said, "We know you!" He gave my wife and I the stink eye until he asked the girls just how they knew him. When they told him how, he laughed and hugged them tight, and he talked with them for 10 minutes or so. I think he was afraid we had showed the girls Dawn of the Dead when they were way too young for it. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Awesome pics! I had actually thought about attending this one but there was a conflict. It would have been neat to have joined you in costume!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

scottmandew wrote:
Hedji wrote:Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead) is the most friendly, vibrant presence in the room. That man is the new King of Cool as far as I'm concerned.
Great pics! A quick Ken Foree story...
I've taken my family to a family friendly classic monster movie convention near Pittsburgh called the Monster Bash for quite a few years now. Back when my daughters were younger, Ken Foree was a guest one year. My daughters knew Ken not from Dawn of the Dead, but as the Dad in the Kenan and Kel Show on Nickolodeon. They saw him at the Bash, ran up to him and said, "We know you!" He gave my wife and I the stink eye until he asked the girls just how they knew him. When they told him how, he laughed and hugged them tight, and he talked with them for 10 minutes or so. I think he was afraid we had showed the girls Dawn of the Dead when they were way too young for it. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Ha! That's great! Thanks for sharing that. If I were a filmmaker, I'd cast him immediately just for the positive vibes he'd bring to the set.