Adam's Health?

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Nick Charles

Adam's Health?

Post by Nick Charles »

Reading through the posts it appears that Mr. West has cancelled a few appearances over the past several months or so (but made others). He appears to have lost some weight is his FB pictures (but still looks really good for his age). Has anything been said about any health issues he is having other than ailments that go along with being in your mid/late 80s? Apparently Burt said at a recent convention that Adam was very ill/sick at that time.

Wishing the best our hero!
West Fan

Re: Adam's Health?

Post by West Fan »

Let me clear this up before speculation gets out of hand. Adam's health is perfectly fine. He recently appeared at the Northeast Coast Comic, and will appear in July in Tampa, as well as a few more this year (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and a few others). A couple of Adam's recent cancellations were due to professional commitments and had nothing to do with health. Burt, at no time ever said Adam was very ill/sick. He did say that Adam had re-injured a back injury that was serious enough that it didn't allow him to travel - but even that was late last year. This year alone Adam has appeared in Charlotte, LA, Chicago, Atlantic City, Dallas, and as mentioned, last weekend in Boston. All is well with Adam and we are planning some very special events for 2016 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the series.

Thanks for your concern, but no worries, our favorite superhero is still punching stronger than ever.

Andrew Goodwin
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

West Fan wrote:Let me clear this up before speculation gets out of hand. Adam's health is perfectly fine. He recently appeared at the Northeast Coast Comic, and will appear in July in Tampa, as well as a few more this year (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and a few others). A couple of Adam's recent cancellations were due to professional commitments and had nothing to do with health. Burt, at no time ever said Adam was very ill/sick. He did say that Adam had re-injured a back injury that was serious enough that it didn't allow him to travel - but even that was late last year. This year alone Adam has appeared in Charlotte, LA, Chicago, Atlantic City, Dallas, and as mentioned, last weekend in Boston. All is well with Adam and we are planning some very special events for 2016 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the series.

Thanks for your concern, but no worries, our favorite superhero is still punching stronger than ever.

Andrew Goodwin
Thanks for stepping in and clarifying things, Andrew!
Nick Charles

Post by Nick Charles »

Thank you, Andrew - much appreciated!

The statement I made attributed to Burt came from this board in the Steel City thread. The post said:

"Burt Ward appeared by himself at ComiKaze Con on November 1st and stated that Adam West was quite sick"

Between this comment and the number of cancellations it was a natural question to ask, but I'm glad that all is well.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

Thank you clearing this up Andrew.
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Thanks Andrew.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.