Adam, Burt and Julie to appear at Steel City Com. Con

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

irishmiss

Adam, Burt and Julie to appear at Steel City Com. Con

Post by irishmiss »

Any Batman Message Board members - August 8th and 9th Adam, Burt and Julie will be at the Steel City Comic

Con at Monroeville, PA. Hope to see you all there.

Irishmiss

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
danbar

Re: Adam, Burt and Julie to appear at Steel City Com. Con

Post by danbar »

My son and I will be attending on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting Julie Newmar for the 1st time!
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Julie was great! I'm so happy that I finally got to meet a villain and couldn't have met a sweeter one.

I did the "trio" photo op, too, just because I'm fairly sure I'll never have the opportunity again.

-J\/\/
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

That's a great picture. I meet Julie at Rhode Island Comicon in 2013.

She was delayed because of a shooting a LAX and missed the Saturday. But she arrived early on the Sunday.

She gave the first guy in the queue a big kisses for waiting the longest to see her.

She spent 5-10 mins with everybody that came up for an autograph/photo.

And I didn't see her take a brake all day. Presumably to make up for not being there on the Saturday. It was obvious she is totally dedicated to her fans.

When it was my turn (I was about tenth in the queue) we had a good chat, she sign a photo I'd bought with me, gave me one of her signed photos free of charge. When I went around the table for a photograph she gave me a genuinely warm cuddle and we had a few really nice photo's.

She's one of the nicest people I've meet at a convention and still looks incredible.

I hope you had as great a time as I did meeting her.

And again. Awesome photo.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Thanks! I did! Sounds like you had a great experience with her, too! Even at 82 and with her disease, she's a signing/meeting machine!

They let me do a photo with her for just $20 (the rate if you were going to get an autograph, too), because I honestly told them that I already had her autograph. I actually got two, as my friends and I like to get a couple of shots when we can because you never know when you're going to get it home, pull it up full screen, and it's blurry or something. Julie was MORE than happy to do more than one. Especially when I told her that she was a childhood crush of mine...and still is!

Even though I got the photo with the three of them later that day, I did the single for two reasons. The first was that I already have singles with Adam and Burt. Second was that I knew that for the trio op, there wouldn't be any interaction. I've seen some complaints about this on the Steel City Con Facebook, but I knew what I was getting into there. There's just no other way to do it and keep the line flowing. You're ushered in, you stand behind them, the picture is snapped, and you walk out. It's just the way that it is. Maybe there should be a disclaimer before you buy saying that there won't be any interaction, but I think most fans these days know.

So I'm very glad that I did the individual with Julie, and just like you said, she's one of the sweetest!

On an un-Bat-related note, but still in the 1960's, Nichelle Nichols is great, too. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan and have passed on meeting most of their stars, but since she was appearing, with her recent health issues, and the fact that really, she's a historic and ground breaking actress, I decided to get a picture with her. I will never regret it. Such a sweetheart and you could tell that she cared about everyone that walked near her table, whether they stopped or not.

-J\/\/
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

I've missed out on the chance to meet Michelle Nichols twice now. Once here in the UK because her queue was too long and I had my son with me, who was only one at the time. Secondly at Rhode Island when I meet Julie. She was one of a handful of stars that never made it due to the disruption caused by the shooting at LAX.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

:-( That sucks. Since she's doing remarkably well, you very well might get another chance!

-J\/\/
Matt Helm

Post by Matt Helm »

I was going to hit up this show to see the same folks you did.Sorry to say,I had to work.Love the trio photo.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Thanks! Sorry you couldn't make it. :-( You never know, with the money that was made from these three we may see another appearance some day.

-J\/\/
irishmiss

Post by irishmiss »

Bobbi (Batman6), my 17 1/2 yr. old (6'4") niece Jessica ( this was her 1st Comic Con ) and myself (irishmiss) attended this comic con. It was wild and crazy !!! I didn't believe the lines for Adam, Burt and Julie. Burt told me that they had to smile for 102 of the photo ops not including all of the Batfans that came for autographs !!! I wish that some of the people would stop cutting in front of people in wheelchairs.

Yes, we drove 1,000 miles roundtrip so this week, I have been trying to recover !!! If you want to go to my Facebook page and you can see some of the photos including the photo op.

Kathy
aka irishmiss

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss