2015 Cincinnati Comic Expo ~ Adam West, Burt Ward & The Original Batcopter

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Space Ghost

2015 Cincinnati Comic Expo ~ Adam West, Burt Ward & The Original Batcopter

Post by Space Ghost »

If you have the chance, DON'T MISS the 2015 Cincinnati Comic Expo 9/18 - 9/20.
You don't get too many chances to see Batman Adam West with Robin Burt Ward & the actual Batcopter from the Batman movie all together!

Only way to see them is to get your tickets HERE: http://goo.gl/XA71FA

I am myself trying to work this into my schedule if I can!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
Lord Death Man

Re: 2015 Cincinnati Comic Expo ~ Adam West, Burt Ward & The Original Batcopter

Post by Lord Death Man »

The Batcopter is going to be there? Super excellent! :) I have never seen it in person before! (I now have!)
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Just a reminder for anyone in the Southern Ohio-Northern Kentucky area that the Cincinnati Comic Expo is in full swing this weekend. Wow, it has gotten really huge in a very short time! I went yesterday and was lucky enough to be there when they were filming the Batmobile for a local TV news program. They took off down the street with the afterburner blazing, it was so cool! The driver said it was an original vehicle from the show, but it looked like a replica-a really, really well done one with all the extras. The Batcopter was there and it was indeed the original, along with a Batcycle. I had never seen the Copter or Cycle in person so it was quite the thrill! Adam West and Burt Ward are signing this weekend as well, but since I am not an autograph/meet the actors type of person, I do not know much about the details. I found all the comics and items on my 'wish list' too, including an almost unblemished copy of the 1963 Godzilla Ideal game from the USA!

Yesterday I was wearing a vintage "Batman & Robin Society" pin from the 60's and almost felt like a celebrity myself as many people came up to ask about it. I will be wearing it again today when I go, with my cosplay as Kuroneko from Oreimo.
kuroneko.jpg
kuroneko.jpg (21.05 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
Oktoberfest (the largest one outside of Germany, I hear) is also going on downtown where the Expo is taking place, so there is a lot to do in the area for anyone who wanted to take a mini-vacation ;) There is lots of weird food but people seem to like it.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

The third day was even better! Really big crowds and lots of cosplay, although I did not see any 1966 Batman related costumes. I visited the area with the Bat-vehicles often hoping to see some costumed characters but it never happened. I was in my Science Special Search Party uniform today (I think it is called 'Science Patrol' in English). Yesterday I had my 2 seconds of fame when a local news station caught me on film and my mother-in-law said she saw me on the evening news Saturday night. Best of all was finding out from a dealer that an American company had produced a series of Gamera-related toys in the 90's. I never knew about these and bought both the boxed and carded sets, it was nice to find something unexpected when I thought I had everything! My husband was a little less thrilled since he had to play 'Mr. Pack Horse' but I bought him a copy of Batman #30 (Batman in the 40's handling a rifle! ) to replace the copy that was stolen from his collection awhile back.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

Hello all,

I did a road trip to Cincinnati Comic Expo and got to spend Saturday and Sunday at the show.
(Sorry that I missed you, Lord Death Man.)

I got to talk to Adam & Burt for a few minutes...and with Fred & especially Andrew, as well.
They were all in good spirits and I got a couple of autographs and did the photo-op with them since this was, basically, the kick-off of their FINAL tour!...and there ARE a good amount of appearances coming! ;)

Unfortunately, the duo didn't have a panel at the show.

I also got to visit with Gene Nock and his son!...and see (and sit in!) THE Batcopter, again!...
and also see his Batmobile and Batcycle replicas for the first time! The last time I saw Gene and the Batcopter must have been at Screaming Tiki Con in '08! "Holy Flashback, Batman!"

Another flashback!...I got to spend a little time talking to Heath...Good to see you, Old Chum! :) ...

...AND a LOT more time with some SHADY characters...Troy & Chazbat!!! :roll:

I also got to meet Robin Lord Taylor..."Oswald Cobblepot"/"Penguin" from "Gotham!"...
What a GREAT guy and he is SOOOOO thankful to his fans!

All-in-all...It was a "BAT-TASTIC" time!

Troy & Chaz also accompanied me to the Cincinnati Museum Center, which was the inspiration for the "Hall of Justice" in the old "Superfriends" cartoons!...

Who says the TV Batman can't be intimidating?!... ;)...

We went back to the museum after the show ended on Sunday...and I was wearing my comic book suit that day...which is based on the idea of bringing Adam's suit into present day (no oval, different belt, darker look overall). It was earlier in the day so we got some GREAT shots where you can see the building details!...

..."HOLY PANORAMA, BATMAN!!!"...

Hope you enjoy these shots! I hope to post a few more later...
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

These are great pictures!! I never knew the Superfriends Hall of Justice was an actual building?!?!?

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio