New York Comic Con - who's going?

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rickrickrick

New York Comic Con - who's going?

Post by rickrickrick »

Coming up fast! Anyone from here going to be attending NYCC? I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and then on Sunday with my daughter.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Jersey Jim

Re: New York Comic Con - who's going?

Post by Jersey Jim »

I wish I could have been there..I'm saving my money for the Chiller show on October 23-25..last chance to see Adam and Burt on tour!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

There was not much at NYCC for 66 Bat fans - no new merch that hasn't been seen elsewhere, no classic Batman guests. Yes, Chiller will be the NY-area must-go-to event. But I did enjoy bumming around NYCC in my 66 gear, and my daughter had fun on Sunday, Kids Day. She decided the week before that she didn't want to wear either her 66 Batgirl or Catwoman costumes, and she wanted to be a girl Robin, so I bought her the cheesy Halloween costume version she wanted, and she wore that. I know BatBob was also there a couple of days, but I failed to run into him.
12109171_10206292889155237_6946598592629475657_n.jpg
RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

You guys looked great, Rick!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Cheesy or not, you both looked great and it looks like you both had a great time together, and that..is the whole point..right?
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Great shots rick.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great costumes!
There was a Batmobile displayed for those slightly big head metal Batman figures that have been released. Kind of neat. I'll see if I saved the pic.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote:Great costumes!
There was a Batmobile displayed for those slightly big head metal Batman figures that have been released. Kind of neat. I'll see if I saved the pic.
I think this is the Batmobile you're referring to, buddy...
12074525_10206461498609941_1939999911459259932_n.jpg
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Yeah, I bet that's the one. Looks very like the Funko Batmobile, only twice the size. I expect the wheels don't turn on this one, either, but it was impossible to tell just looking at it in a case. They didn't have these for sale, as far as I could tell - I think it was a prototype. The little figures were $75 each - ouch!

RRR