Batmobile in Philly Mummers Parade?

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Batmobile in Philly Mummers Parade?

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I caught a brief glimpse of a '66 Batmobile on the news last night while they were talking about the Mummers Parade in Philadelphia. Does the car belong to anyone on this message board by any chance, and if so, how did they work it into the parade style?
Mark Racop

Re: Batmobile in Philly Mummers Parade?

Post by Mark Racop »

Is this the car that was in the parade?
Philly Mummers Parad 2016.jpg
Philly Mummers Parad 2016.jpg (85.26 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
Gleeps, it's Batman

I presume it is since I presume there weren't two there. I only caught a glimpse on the news and it wasn't even mentioned.

I noticed something funny in this picture, though. There's apparently a bird statue near the top of City Hall that at a distance in this picture reminds me of a bat shape. LOL
66batmanfan

Post by 66batmanfan »

Gleeps - Yes thats my Batmobile and yes we were in the New Years Day parade in Philly. I tried to private message you, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I saw your post and joined this forum just so that I could reply to you. Unbelievably, "66batmanfan" wasn't already taken as a username.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Oh cool. Thanks for trying to PM me. I think you have to have 3 posts before you can do that, and I see that you have 3 now.

Anyway, I was just wondering how the Batmobile fit into the parade, like what was the theme of that particular act? Superheroes maybe? I tried to find it online and had no luck that night, but haven't looked for it since.
66batmanfan

Post by 66batmanfan »

Gleeps - the Batmobile was part of the comics, in the "couples" section. First, I'm a member of the comics. Second, because there was both me (dressed as Batman) and my buddy (dressed as Robin) in the car, we were eligible to be in the parade with the car in the "couples" section.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Cool - do you have photos?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Gleeps, it's Batman

Oh cool, 66batmanfan! Thanks for the reply :)

Edited to add: I just found a couple of seconds of the Batmobile taken from the crowd. I don't know what aired on TV, though.

https://youtu.be/7UcNItbIZ6E?t=7m51s
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Here is a still I found.