Awesome Batmobile Neon Sign and Replica Batmobile at the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

burkestudio

Awesome Batmobile Neon Sign and Replica Batmobile at the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show

Post by burkestudio »

I was at the Grand National Roadster Show this past weekend. They had a replica Batmobile on display in the main room (probably as a tribute to George Barris).

However, I did come across this really awesome neon sign in the vendor area.
The artist who makes it was took the time to talk to me about how it worked and the process of how he made it.

Now for the cool part. The sign had a lot of neat functions built into it:

1.) It had an illumination dimmer (most neon sign do not have this)

2.) It had a really neat neon "tube" that replicated the exhaust which then went into the KAPOW portion.

3.) The KAPOW had a separate switch that allowed for fast or slow blinking, on or off.

4.) Here comes the best part... he pressed a button on the sign. All of a sudden you hear Burt Ward and Adam West saying "Atomic Batteries To Power, Turbines To Speed". "Roger, ready to move out". THEN, you hear the Batmobile taking off from the batcave. At this point, the neon exhaust "tube" is flickering and changing it's look based on the sound clip! THEN, it starts playing the theme song from the show. THEN it plays a sound bite from the show. I forget how many sound clips he said were built in. But everything was taken from the show. And it was really clear and loud enough to be awesome!! :D

I was blown away!! The artist told me that every time you press that button, it always plays everything I listed above, but the sound bite at the end is always different. So you never know what you're going to hear at the end.

The one pictured was not for sale, although he will be making them on a commission basis.
He also said that he's going to add some lighting to the rocket tubes.

-Jeremy
Attachments
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Batman65

Re: Awesome Batmobile Neon Sign and Replica Batmobile at the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show

Post by Batman65 »

Oh Man!! I sooooooooooooooooooooooo want one of those!!
svl

Re: Awesome Batmobile Neon Sign and Replica Batmobile at the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show

Post by svl »

Do you have contact info for the artist?
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

svl wrote:Do you have contact info for the artist?
I have so much from the show, that I hope I remembered to throw his card in my bag :o

If I do, I'll shoot you a PM.

-Jeremy
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

The Batmobile replica was built by the late Bob Butts, used in "Return to the Batcave," and sold to the late George Barris. Barris toured with it instead of the #1 for many years. Neat to see it out and about still.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

And the sign looks and 'sounds' really cool, too!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

That sign rocks! I inadvertantly scrolled past a photo of it on Facebook over the weekend and I kept meaning to go back and check it out properly and find out a little more about it.

Mystery solved! Thanks Jeremy!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Ben Bentley wrote:That sign rocks! I inadvertantly scrolled past a photo of it on Facebook over the weekend and I kept meaning to go back and check it out properly and find out a little more about it.

Ben,

Did you happen to find out who sells it?
I went thru all my goodies from the show, but i must not have put the artists card in my bag. :(

My dad thinks he did, so I've got him going thru all his stuff in the meantime. ;)

-Jeremy
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

burkestudio wrote:
Ben Bentley wrote:That sign rocks! I inadvertantly scrolled past a photo of it on Facebook over the weekend and I kept meaning to go back and check it out properly and find out a little more about it.

Ben,

Did you happen to find out who sells it?
I went thru all my goodies from the show, but i must not have put the artists card in my bag. :(

My dad thinks he did, so I've got him going thru all his stuff in the meantime. ;)

-Jeremy
Unfortunately not, it was simply a photo similar to the one you posted here, no real tangible information. It's one of the biggest issues I have with Facebook, people literally seem to be interested in a photo for the two seconds it takes to scroll past it and click "like". Everything is so disposable to the "fans" at large it seems.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I also would love to know who made it. If you do find out, please shoot me a PM also.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Batman65 wrote:I also would love to know who made it. If you do find out, please shoot me a PM also.
You got it!

-Jeremy
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Wow, that's an interesting find to come across!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Nice TP! Thanks!!

-Jeremy
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Is this who made it? I did not see it on the web link.