Can't afford autograph or pictures

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dreddbatfan

Re: Can't afford autograph or pictures

Post by dreddbatfan »

Well,next week Saturday is the big day for me and I can't believe it's almost here.I'm so excited to meet Adam West and Burt Ward in person-it's a dream finally come true.I hope when I meet them that I don't embarrass myself.I hope if some of the board members are going that I get a chance to meet them and thank them for making this dream come true.I have my camera,video camera & my picture ready for the meet and greet.I'm also looking forward to seeing all the Cosplayers in their costumes.Unfortunately,my costume won't be ready by next week but when it's all done this message board will be the first place that I post my pictures then I'll be ready to fight the Joker,Riddler,Penquin & Catwoman.Thanks again to everyone and I look forward to your comments and I hope to see some of you there next Saturday.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Have fun Dred, it is a thrill! Can't the wait to see the pics !
dell

Post by dell »

I hope you have a great time.
dell
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Can't wIt to see your pics also. Have a great memorable experience. I'm sure you will not embarrass yourself.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

5 days and counting,I ran into a little problems though.I just found out that I'm getting into Comic Con for free but I already bought 5 advanced tickets to Comic Con.My wife paid for them and she spent $148 for all 4 tickets and I'm wondering if I should try and sell them on the message board for $25 a piece and overnight them if anyone from the message board wants to attend or should I try to sell them when I get to Comic Con?Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.I'll probably post pictures Sunday or Monday with all the details.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

dreddbatfan wrote:5 days and counting,I ran into a little problems though.I just found out that I'm getting into Comic Con for free but I already bought 5 advanced tickets to Comic Con.My wife paid for them and she spent $148 for all 4 tickets and I'm wondering if I should try and sell them on the message board for $25 a piece and overnight them if anyone from the message board wants to attend or should I try to sell them when I get to Comic Con?Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.I'll probably post pictures Sunday or Monday with all the details.
I would contact the Convention management and explain your very unique circumstances and see if they will allow you to return the tix.
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Well,I managed to sell all 4 tickets and got most of my money back.The day finally arrived and everything went off without a hitch.I finally got to meet my childhood idols Adam"Batman"West & Burt"Robin"Ward and they couldn't have been nicer to me and I got to talk to them for a few minutes.All in all,I could've have asked for a better day and I'd like to say a big THANK-YOU to Andrew at Stage Sixteen Promotions for making all the arrangements.I can now cross this off my Batman bucket list and the next thing will to finally finish my Batman costume.Next will be to meet and get an autograph and picture taken with the only original 4 villains Julie"Catwoman"Nemar.My last Batman bucket list item would be to sit or go for a ride in the classic Batmobile.I was thinking about trying to reach out to Fiberglass Freaks because they make replica classic 1966 Batmobiles and maybe they would consider my request.Without the kind members of this message board none of what happened Saturday would have happened,my eyes are filled with tears while I right this because this is the best thing I could've asked for because of my health,it makes me feel better about myself and if I were to die today I'd say it was all worth the pain and suffering that I've dealt with and will continue to deal with everyday.I'd like to also thank my wife Gail for being there with me along the way and making the day even more special.And another big THANK-YOU to my caregiver Brittany Groves and her boyfriend Mike Miller for getting me there and back and getting me in/out of my manual wheelchair because of you both also this happened and I'll be eternally gratefull.Once again thanks to everyone and below are the pictures that I promised everyone.
Comic Con.jpg
Comic Con 1.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Wonderful Daniel!!! I'm so glad this got to happen for you! There's plenty of good folks out there.
Thefanboy59

Post by Thefanboy59 »

That's great Daniel!
I'm very happy for you.
Congratulations.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I'm glad it all came together for you, i'm sure you'll treasure those photos and memories for a long time to come.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I am so happy this happened for you. You will remember this forever. Now, get that bat suit done. Congrats my friend.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Daniel, I'm so glad this dream was able to come true for you. Congratulations!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

So glad for you!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Bat-tastic !
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I just found out that this is Adam West & Burt Wards last year doing Comic Con so that makes it even more special for me.I'm glad that I finally got to meet them but in a way it's bitter sweet because they aren't doing anymore appearances.So now I really need to thank everyone on the message board for this rare occasion for making this happen,it is and will always be one of my most special memories.