Fan Expo Toronto

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batken

Fan Expo Toronto

Post by Batken »

Anyone going to the Convention ? Apparently it's the only Canadian Appearance of Adam West and Burt Ward.
twint9

Re: Fan Expo Toronto

Post by twint9 »

I'll be going, but at this point I'm don't know which day(s) or times.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

:cry: Wish I could meet you there I Ivan, but my work schedule would not work. :cry:
Music. BAT! Music.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Too bad, it would be nice to finally meet up. It's only been 20 years!
Batken

Post by Batken »

Adam West 's Autograph price has gone from $80 to $100 and Burt Ward's has gone from $60 to $80 with a $99 photo op together. No separate photo ops.
West Fan

Post by West Fan »

Must be the exchange rate. Probably first listed as what they charge in the US, and they realized the 30% exchange rate. The $99 for a photo with both of them sounds like a deal to me!
Batken

Post by Batken »

How many people from the Bat Board will be attending Fan Expo ?
twint9

Post by twint9 »

I'm going on Sunday
twint9

Post by twint9 »

I attended the Toronto Fan Expo last Sunday with my family and we had a great time. Andrew was there again this year with his amazing Batmobile and was so gracious, allowing us to take some great shots in it. The kids were thrilled!

Adam and Burt arrived at 12:30 and did the photo ops first. It was a quick in-pose-shoot-exit affair, but they were both very friendly and Adam commented on my son's shoes (which have to be charged by USB and flash different colors).

After the photo op we ran upstairs to get into line for autographs. It wasn't too long a wait. Adam was in a great mood. Fred didn't make the trip so Andrew was handling both Adam and Burt. With the kids we were a group of 6 and we were able to take some time to chat, and Adam loved looking at all the various photos of us that I had on the poster I made. Burt was next, and honestly this was the best visit I have ever had with him. He was in a great mood, was so nice to the kids, and loved the poster as well, going through every image. I gave him a copy of a Daily Production Sheet from the day his daughter was born as it had a notation on it explaining that he had to leave the set and rush to the hospital. He really appreciated receiving it.

It's always great to see both of them, and this was an especially nice visit with both, but I have to say I was a little sad after leaving knowing that, unless I decide to hop on a plane in the next few months, it would likely be the last time. It's said that it's often better never to meet your heroes because they may disappoint you, but over the span of 32 years, from the first time I met Adam (in costume) in Montreal in 1984 to last week, they never did.
Attachments
scan0004.jpg
scan0003.jpg
scan0001.jpg
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

I think everyone's in a better mood when Fred's not around. Sorry, I know that sounds mean, but, it's what I've observed. Glad you had a good experience!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

twint9 wrote: ...It's said that it's often better never to meet your heroes because they may disappoint you, but over the span of 32 years, from the first time I met Adam (in costume) in Montreal in 1984 to last week, they never did.
I really enjoyed reading that, Ivan. I'm glad it was another great convention visit with Adam and Burt for you.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Thanks Ben
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Indeed, well said Ivan!! So glad it was a great cap to your visits with them! Love your poster!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Excellent Ivan!