Ok, who was at DragonCon?

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Riddlersgurl

Ok, who was at DragonCon?

Post by Riddlersgurl »

We need to get a room just so we can meet up with each other. I only saw a few people in Bat-costume there, and I wasn't sure if they were with the group or not!

I got Adam's autograph! He was SUCH a sweetheart. I mentioned the episode of Bonanza he was in, where he played that land swindler out to steal the Ponderosa, and complimented him on being such an excellent villain.

I told him that he might have had more success being a bad guy than a good guy.

His character had this cold, flat glare and hardly ever blinked. When he smiled it never, NEVER reached his eyes, and it was like a person was a deer caught in the headlights. Scary stuff.

He very graciously said thank you.

I saw him on Friday, but due to a minor brouhaha with a friend of mine I lost my place in line. By the time I got back, the line had gone into the ballroom! We ended up with crummy seats all the way in the back and toward the right. Couldn't get a decent picture for squat.

Adam and Burt were funny as heck though; they still have the same chemistry that they used to.
RuxieCat121

Re: Ok, who was at DragonCon?

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I was there! I was at the Gotham City photoshoot (as Julie's Catwoman) and various costumes over the weekend. I was also at the Adam and Burt panel, which was purrrrrrrfect. :)
~Heather
Lewis Tully

Post by Lewis Tully »

I was there! Meeting Adam and Burt was the highlight of my trip! I managed to find 2 '66 shirts, as well. My new favorite shirts! I didn't make it to the panel, unfortunately, but I did grab a '66 Bat'a'Rang, which was exciting. I got Neal Adams' autograph as well. It was a "Very-Vintage-Batman" trip for me! I was dressed out in my Ghostbusters uniform, and walked in the parade in that. Next year, though I will be sporting my '66 suit, as well as my TDK suit. I agree we should schedule a meet up for next year. I hope Adam and Burt come back! I would love to meet them again! (There was a '66 Bat that walked by Saturday evening and I drunkenly ran up and asked them all about their costume.)
Futura

Post by Futura »

Hi i was not able to attend Dragon Con please post any pictures. I would love to see the costumes and get a feel for the event. How about a meet up at New York Comic Con?
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I haven't gone through all my pics yet. It'll be a while lol. I'm definitely down for a meetup at NYCC next month though!
~Heather
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

We should set up a table to recruit members, like the Fighting 501st Star Wars group does. With informational pamphlets on where to get costumes, patterns, fabrics, notions, etc.

As well as having a meet and greet for current members in a suite somewhere.

All those in favor, say AYE!!
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

I am definetly up for a gathering at NYCC! My gear is all set.

I hope there is a Batmobile there! :D
Batdave

Post by Batdave »

Definitely up for a meet up. I plan on going Friday for most of the day.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Okay, if we're all going to meet at NYCC, then we need a place TO meet AT!

One location only, so that members don't get confused and wander around like lost souls in search of redemption.

We also need a particular day to meet. If a person can't make it on Saturday, then we have to set aside Sunday for it.

Who's going on Saturday?

Okay, that last is a bit heavy, but that's how I felt at my first DragonCon. No one I knew to talk to, not really familiar with the events or happenings. I spent most of my time in the dealer's rooms, spending money.

I DID get to meet Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict, though. They were really cool. Dirk was very flattered that I had read both his books.
Lewis Tully

Post by Lewis Tully »

I agree that a meet up would be awesome. As a Ghostbuster it isn't difficult to find fellow Busters and to get where you need to go. I could see it being more difficult for us Bat fans. I won't be at NYCC, but I will be back at Dragon Con next year. I would love for there to be a '66 Bat table! People are usually pretty great when approaching a table. They want to ask questions, get info, and find out how they, too can come out in some awesome costumes the way we do. It is great to see interest, and people are usually pretty great. Of course that occasional smart **admin edit: never work around the word censor or suggest the censored word** is inevitable, but that is life.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Sounds like a plan to me.

If we can't meet at NYCC, and chances are, we can't; then I suggest we get the ball rolling with the DragonCon people about a table at the Marriott on the Marquis level.

Warning, this year, there was a HUGE crowd of people on that level, either going to panels or laying siege to the dealer's rooms, so if this last year is any indication, then next year is going to be a lulu.

We may end up recruiting more people than we know what to do with!

We'll definitely need pamplets/brochures on where to get costume supplies like leotards, fabrics, patterns, notions, boots, etc.

As well as anything else we can think of to get the message out there.
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I should be at NYCC all three days. (I never do the Thursday night, not much going on then) I'll be Catwoman for one of the days, so it shouldn't be hard to find me lol.

So far, Dragon*Con is a go for me, but things might change. And I agree, that level in the Marriott was constantly crowded like crazy. However, last year was a lot worse with crowds. I think the only reason that changed was because D*Con security was a LOT more strict with seeing badges. I hope it's that well-structured next year.
~Heather
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They WERE pretty strict about the badges (I wore mine no matter where I was going, even if it was one of the restaurants in the neighborhood.)

The costumes were GREAT though!

Although, for some reason, there weren't many people in Bat costume. I only saw maybe two guys dressed as the Riddler (Animated Series version), one batman, and one Tim Drake/Damien Wayne style Robin.

I had been of the opinion that with Adam and Burt being there, that there would be a LOT more people in 66 Bat mode.

There was one black guy dressed as the Joker, with green dreads that I spotted, as well as one woman dressed as Poison Ivy.

To say that her outfit was kind of outside the bounds of good taste is an understatement.

For details, send me a PM. I REALLY don't want to use that kind of language on the board; I'd get censured for it.
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

I know Friday there were a LOOOOOOOT of Batman-related costumes (mostly for a big Batman photoshoot that night). In general though, I agree, I didn't see too many roaming around like the year before. And I rarely see '66-related costumes, such a shame because the costumes they wore on the show were so amazing to me.
~Heather
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I didn't know about the photo shoot, otherwise I would have been there, taking my OWN pictures!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next year, we DEFINITELY need to schedule a meeting point. Like getting one of the smaller rooms just for current members, and having a table where we can sign up willing victims...uh recruits! Yeah, that's it! Willing recruits!