TV’s ‘Batman’ Adam West reaches out to Jacob Hall’s family on social media

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

whatever_gong82

TV’s ‘Batman’ Adam West reaches out to Jacob Hall’s family on social media

Post by whatever_gong82 »

I hope that this is ok, since someone that we all love did something very nice.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/04/tvs-batman- ... ial-media/

TOWNVILLE, SC (WSPA) The star of the 1960’s television version of Batman reached out on social media to the family of Jacob Hall following the child’s death after a shooting in Townville.

Adam West – who portrayed Batman on the ABC series from 1966-1968 – made posts on Twitter and Facebook.

West wrote, “to Jacob’s parents: I was so moved by your story. I’m praying for you to have strength. I loved Jacob, too.”

Jacob loved superheroes and his family has asked people attending his funeral on Wednesday to dress as their favorite character. His funeral will be held Wednesday starting at 11:00 a.m. at Oakdale Baptist Church in Townville.

Hill died Saturday from injuries he received after being shot in the leg outside Townville Elementary School. The bullet hit a major artery and led to a large amount of blood loss.

A 14-year-old boy is being held on murder charges in the death of Jacob and the suspect’s father who was killed shortly before the school shooting on September 28.

The suspect’s name has not been released.
TP-6597

Re: TV’s ‘Batman’ Adam West reaches out to Jacob Hall’s family on social media

Post by TP-6597 »

Man! He is Batman. Really nice to read. I'm a follower of his on Twitter and retweeted it.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
whatever_gong82

Re: TV’s ‘Batman’ Adam West reaches out to Jacob Hall’s family on social media

Post by whatever_gong82 »

I wasn't sure because the situation that happened isn't "G" rated or "PG" rated, but I thought in the spirit of what Adam West did, it should be considered an exception.

I hope that the mods approve this thread, because it shows Adam West is a fine human being.