Batman on The Goldbergs

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batman65

Batman on The Goldbergs

Post by Batman65 »

We were watching The Goldbergs last night, and afterwards, they showed previews for next weeks episode, and...low and behold, it is a Batman episode! For those that saw it last night, you saw that 2 of the characters were bat climbing up the side of a house like in the tv show, one dressed like Adam and the other dressed like Michael Keaton..lol. Looks like it could be funny. Keep an eye out for it next (this) week.
AndyFish

Re: Batman on The Goldbergs

Post by AndyFish »

Never heard of the show so I looked it up-- it says it's set in the 80s? Didn't Keaton Batman not appear until 1989? Still, any appearance of batman is a good one.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Andy, you are correct and, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the previews. It looked a little goofy, but the bat climbing up the side of the house looked funny, with both a black and grey Batman.
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Concerning the date - at the start of each episode the narrator says "it was April 3, Nineteen Eighty something..."
That's how they get around a specific year. Pretty much anything that happened in the 80's can turn up in any episode.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

The Batman themed episode aired last night and was filled with all sorts of 66 Batman references and included a few small snippets of the show (a Joker episode). It was kind of quirky and yet, had some good laughs.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Gotta love Jeff Garlin's West impression.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Kevin Smith directed, fun show,1980 something, 80 to 89 all mixed up.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

If the show is supposed to be a parody anyways I would have rather seen the real West and Keaton together.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm sure they would have to, but I doubt a TV series has the budget to bring in someone of Keaton's stature. Maybe could have gotten Kilmer who is now doing the convention circuits.
elgualterio

Post by elgualterio »

...I've never seen this series, but how did they work out the common title with the radio and early TV (and stage play and feature film versions too) series created by Gertrude Berg which was also called " The Goldbergs "? Yes, yes, yes, it's a common name. I've never seen an episode of the 50s one either but it's endlessly remembere by early TV historians...and I did find out recently that a cable hahnnel called Jewish Life TV (or similar) was showing reruns of it! (They were rerunning Jack Benny and Dinah Shore as well)