Batman 1966 celebrated at the Hollywood Museum

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

Batman 1966 celebrated at the Hollywood Museum

Post by wally wingert »

I've obtained more information about the mega-Batman '66 display planned for the Hollywood Museum. It will start around January 12 (does that date sound familiar?) and run through mid-April. Both original AND replica pieces will be displayed for the three-month exhibit. This will be history-making, as nothing of its kind has ever been done before.

Many great fans and artisans have been in contact with us to contribute materials. The museum is giving us their full cooperation and it's definitely going to be something to see! On the conceptual side they'd like to see a mock-up of a slice of the Batcave; complete with cave walls, the Bat Computer, the Batmobile, the hotline, and more.

Mark Hardeman will be loaning his original costumes, which will be displayed next to screen-accurate replicas. This will be done in a side-by-side manner, to illustrate how the costumes aged over the years; versus how they would have looked on the set in 1966.

We're still looking for contributors! We'd still like to get ahold of a G.O.O.N. costume, one or two of False Face's guises, a Mr. Freeze costume, a full Bat Computer, Bat Signal, Batpoles, a Bookworm costume, a King Tut costume, collectible toys, and any replica props. Of course, any and all original pieces are more than welcome!

Contact me at wallywingertmail@gmail.com if you have something you'd like to exhibit. All pieces will be fully insured, and all pieces will be returned immediately after the exhibit is over.

Thanks!

Wally
Ben Bentley

Re: Batman 1966 celebrated at the Hollywood Museum

Post by Ben Bentley »

Awesome to hear that the date is set!
Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy »

Wow Wally this sounds so cool,hope i can get back to L.A to see this :D.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Just had an amazing walk-through at the museum today, and due to increased interest in this exhibit, we've now been given access to a free-standing, LOCKED, glass cabinet to display smaller items.

Initially, I was told to stay away from smaller items as it's tough to display them. But now, with this added case, we're welcoming all sorts of small 1966-era Batman collectibles. Anybody got a complete collection of the Topps cards (all sets?), or other small Bat things they like to display?

This exhibit is going to be one for the books! It'll top 'em all! E-mail me at wallywingertmail@gmail.com if you're interested in discussing some more items you'd like to loan for the 3 months exhibit. Thanks!

ww
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Also, another idea, I'd like to have a small display of kids dressed as Batman in 1966...homemade costumes, Halloween costumes, etc. I'd like to make a collage with everyone's names and the city in which they currently live today. E-mail me hi-rez scans of your pics with complete info attached (name, city, etc.)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The launch is just less than a month away, here's the official press release for the exhibition:

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HOLY HOLLYWOOD HISTORY!
A BATMAN ’66 RETROSPECTIVE AND THE FIRST EVER BATMAN EXHIBIT
WEDNESDAY, JAN 10, 2018 AT THE HOLLYWOOD MUSEUM

BURT WARD, LEE MERIWETHER & BARBARA RUSH
AMONG THE BATMAN STARS
THAT WILL ATTEND TO HONOR THE SHOW, ADAM WEST & BURT WARD

Hollywood, Ca - President and Founder of the world-famous Hollywood Museum in the historic Max Factor Building (www.hollywoodmuseum.org), Donelle Dadigan, announced today that, the Hollywood Museum is thrilled that Burt Ward and world renown Batman ‘66 collectors, will work together in the first ever “BATMAN ‘66” exhibit, opening to the public on Jan 12th 2018 - the same date as the 52nd anniversary of the 1966 premiere of the ABC TV series, “Batman.”

On Jan 10th 2018, The Hollywood Museum will turn Hollywood in Gotham City, as they project the iconic Bat Signal on the side of the historic Max Factor building, at a VIP unveiling gala for “HOLY HOLLYWOOD HISTORY! BATMAN ‘66,” with special appearances by the show’s cast members and other stars in attendance.

The exhibit, which will consist of four popular sections (Wayne Manor, The Batcave, Gallery of Guest Super Villains, and The Collectibles of Batman ‘66), will pay tribute to the memory of Adam West and honor the other half of the Dynamic Duo, Burt Ward, and the iconic show, still seen today in the U.S. and around the world weekly.

Last year’s release of Warner Bros animated films “Batman: Return of the Caped Crusader” and this year's “Batman vs Two Face,” Batman ‘66 is hotter than ever. Burt Ward (Robin), who has gone from Caped Crusader to Canine Crusader, with his nonprofit dog food, GENTLE GIANTS (www.gentlegiantsdogfood.com), helping dogs live twice as long, said “I never dreamed I would still be playing the same character 52 years later. I am thrilled that the Hollywood Museum in the historic Max Factor Building would honor our show in this way.”

The BATMAN 66 exhibit will feature original costumes and props from the show, which have not been seen since it originally broadcast from 1966-68. Dadigan says, “We have costumes and props that evoke one’s childhood memories of the ever popular TV series, “Batman”. There is something for everyone - from the Batmobile and Batcycle to Burt and Adam's original costumes worn during the show’s 120 episode run on ABC TV Network, as well as guest villains – and one of my favorites - the original Dr. Casandra costume worn by TV and film star Ida Lupino, that has never been seen publicly before.”

Other highlights include original costumes and costumes recreated due to age and condition representing guest star villlians including The Riddler, The Joker, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze – to name a few; , life size sculptures of the three famous women who brought Catwoman to life (Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether and the original, Julie Newmar) with costumes, as well as Yvonne Craig (Batgirl), and more, including Adam West's face and mannequin from 1966.

The extensive exhibit will also feature much sought after collectibles, including a the “gotta-have” children’s lunch box, action figures of every shape and size, batman and robin puppets, rare Batman Ice Cream boxes, drinking cups, board games, and many more extremely rare collectibles from 1966 too numerous to name and, in some cases, never before seen on public display.

Continued ….

HOLY HOLLYYWOOD HISTORY
Pg 2

Thousands of hours have gone into mounting this exhibit and a dedicated team of Hollywood Museum staff and world- renown collectors, including Wally Wingert, Scott Sebring, Pat Evans, Tom Woodruff, Nate Truman, Mark Hardeman, Greg Maraio, Alex Zsolt, Christopher Chaisson, Bob Mitsch, Kelly DeCambre, Adrian Van Eck, Ivan Taback, Brian Puls, Chaz George, Buddy Rogers, Troy Maynus, Daniel Fopma, Dave Tripet, Kelly DaCambre and Bob Mitsch have come together to loan amazing items that are now part of TV history - to help create this first ever Batman’66 exhibit, “Holy Hollywood History!” Wally Wingert has been named as the special Curator of this exhibit, with exhibit Organizer, Roger Neal.

Ward remarked “I am excited to see all of this. It will be like a homecoming to reunite with these items and to remember my friend and crime fighting partner, Adam West.”

ABOUT THE HOLLYWOOD MUSEUM
See 10,000 Authentic Show Business Treasures spotlighting more than 100 years of Hollywood history - from the Silents to Talkies, to Hollywood's Golden Era, Film Noir, Television and its Pioneer Years, through the rebellious 60s, special effects 70s, evolving 80s, involved 90s, technological 2000s, and beyond to current day heartthrobs! The Hollywood Museum's exhibits showcase the best in film, network and cable television, and new digital platforms featuring iconic and fan favorites! Named one of the top tourist attractions by LA Weekly, voted one of the Top 10 Museums in LA by the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, and annually receives the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor. Located in the heart of Hollywood, at the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave - The Hollywood Museum in the historic Max Factor Building is the “Official Museum of Hollywood” and offers visitors the most extensive collection of Hollywood memorabilia in the world featuring the glamour of Hollywood legends and stars - past, present and in the making…. See one-of-a-kind costumes, props, photographs, scripts, stars' car collections, personal artifacts, posters, and memorabilia from favorite stars, films and TV shows. The Hollywood Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.

REGULAR HOURS: Wednesday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
TICKETS: $15 Adults: $12 Seniors (62+): $12 for students with ID and $5 Children under 5.
ADDRESS: 1660 N. Highland Ave. (at Hollywood Blvd.), Los Angeles, CA 90028
MUSEUM INFO: www.TheHollywoodMuseum.com or Tel: (323) 464-7776

FOLLOW THE MUSEUM:
FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/TheHollywoodMuseum
TWITTER: @HollywoodMuseum
INSTAGRAM: @HollywoodMuseum

MUSEUM MEDIA CONTACT:
B. Harlan Boll l BHBPR l BHBPR.com
626-296-3757 or harlan@bhbpr.com

PR FIRM FOR BURT WARD & EXHIBIT
NEAL PUBLIC RELATIONS
Roger Neal
323-366-2796 or prstarus2000@yahoo.com"
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/2I3wPFgmpfI[/YouTube]

This event looks incredible! Great job, Wally Wingert and good on everyone who loaned their props and replicas! I wish I could go see it all for myself.
- Boy Genius
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great video Dan, thanks for posting. I had our tickets and then got sidelined with the flu (worst I've ever seen) so we had to reschedule our trip. This was a nice replacement.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Just visited the exhibit. Simply put... WOW!!
I applaud all who dedicated their time, energy and resources into making the exhibit truly breathtaking.

Seriously if you live nearby, go see it!

Thanks again to everyone involved.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm Great video Dan, thanks for posting. I had our tickets and then got sidelined with the flu (worst I've ever seen) so we had to reschedule our trip. This was a nice replacement.
I hope you feel better, Andy!
- Boy Genius
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Is there any sort of glossy "museum program" that the rest of us can pick up?
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

batbelfry wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 am Is there any sort of glossy "museum program" that the rest of us can pick up?
I didn’t see one when I was there.
-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
allknighters

Post by allknighters »

Hey guys! Does anyone know the date the exhibit closes? I was gonna grab a cheap flight to check it out in late April but don’t wanna he dissapointed if there’s no exhibit to drool over.