Adam, Burt, Yvonne September 2013, Hunt Valley, MD

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Doctor Shatterhand

Re: Adam, Burt, Yvonne September 2013, Hunt Valley, MD

Post by Doctor Shatterhand »

Just got this in my email account:

JULIE NEWMAR
She has beauty, brains and a fantastic sense of humor. As physical perfection, Julie was perfect to play Rhoda the Robot in television's My Living Doll (1964-65). The devilish side of her came out in The Twilight Zone. Fans of musicals know her for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Lil' Abner. In 1966, urged on by her friends, she tried out for the role of Catwoman (a character she had never heard of) in the wildly popular television series Batman. Howl at the moon or swing the cat because Julie Newmar will be among the guests at Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention this September 19-21. That is one week from the Monster-Mania Con and both are near Baltimore.
simm

Post by simm »

Yep, I bet Julie will not be appearing with the rest of the cast (Adam, Burt, Yvonne, and Lee) on the 27th because she is doing another Con the weekend before in the same town. Too bad and definately poor planning by both Cons.

http://midatlanticnostalgiaconvention.com/
Ern453pm

Post by Ern453pm »

Hello everyone. New to the board here. I just booked my ticket for the Monster Mania at Hunt Valley. Hope Adam is feeling better. Was planning on seeing him at C2E2 in Chicago. Can't wait to meet Yvonne and Lee. It was wonderful meeting Burt at Juli in Chicago. Juli was great. So sweet and flirty with her fans.
BigChad

Post by BigChad »

Does anyone know if Yvonne will bring copies of her autobiography? I collect autobiographies and would love a copy of her book along with Adams book, but I dot wanna order it from her page if I can get it in person.also, what was Adam, Burt and Yvonne charging for autographs an photo ops? Thanks!
darknite501

Post by darknite501 »

Hi Everyone I'm new to the board. I grew up with and love the 66 Batman.I'm so looking forward to meeting the cast in person at Monster-Mania.
Ern453pm

Post by Ern453pm »

Hi darknite. Monster-Mania should be a good time. Did you order the Adam West VIP ticket? I ordered mine and haven't received anything yet. Just wondering if I am not alone.
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

I have to try and make this one!!! :-)
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

Heading over. If any other board members are there, say "Hi". I'm wearing a black polo shirt with the Bat emblem on the left chest. The shirt is pretty special as I bought it at the World Trade Center Warner Brothers store on vacation in August 2001. As I have a Batman and Robin signed photo with Adam and Burt, my goal is to get a signed Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson pic today. Also to get Lee Meriwether on my "Time Tunnel" photo. To the Riddler mobile!
The trigger: one of my riddles!
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

Well, I can say I had a good time, but was somewhat disappointed as my goal was a signed Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson photo. Adam only had 5-6 photos and Burt not many more. I have a Batman/Robin signed pic from a previous show. I did have the opportunity to get a photo with Burt at the Batmobile. Another highlight was the attendee doing a great 1989 Nicholson Joker who was whooping it up with the crowd. I also had a nice chat with Lee Meriwether who signed my Time Tunnel cast photo. Lee had an awesome display of photos and was doing great business.
I hope this link works to my photo album from the show:
https://www.facebook.com/michael.joyner ... 497&type=1
The trigger: one of my riddles!
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Cool pic of you and Burt at the Batmobile. :) I'm afraid that's the only one I can see, though. I guess you have to be a member of Facebook to see the album :(
batgirltoo

Post by batgirltoo »

Great pics! I'm glad you had a good time! We were going to go this weekend but changed our plans when Yvonne Canceled! :(
Doctor Shatterhand

Post by Doctor Shatterhand »

My son and daughter joined me at the Monster Mania convention and a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Adam West and Burt Ward. All and all it was a great time. Adam and Burt signed their photos and the bottom of my 1966 Ideal Batcave, which you can see in the photo with Burt Ward. A collectible that has Julie Newmar and Lee Meriweather's signatures too. Unfortunately, Yvonne Craig was not there to add hers but a Batmobile replica was and the actual Batcycle. I wish I had a chance to meet some of you, who frequent this board, at the con but if you were in the Q&A segment with Adam, Burt and Lee Meriweather - I was the guy who stood up and before I asked my question, I gave all three actors a Gotham City salute by tapping my fist across my chest, saluting them and saying "Citizens!" Adam and Burt both returned the salute which made my day. Later, Adam offered a photo session with him and anyone who was able to and when it was my turn to get a picture with him, he looked at me laughing and said, "You're the guy with the great sense of humor." Not only was I impressed with Adam West - he was impressed with me. Below are some of the photos from the convention.

Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing :)
ScottyB

Post by ScottyB »

Wife and I went and did the VIP thing...great time but also a bit surreal. Lee didn't get there until a couple hours after Adam & Burt showed up. When she saw that Burt covered her face when he signed my poster she (jokingly) yelled at him across the room...my wife suggested she sign over his crotch as revenge.
Attachments
1236861_10151633555222267_237044345_n.jpg
1377388_10151633795872267_1268482894_n.jpg
simm

Post by simm »

Did Adam and his handler state that he had to personalize his autograph as usual?