Adam, Burt, Yvonne September 2013, Hunt Valley, MD

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

ScottyB

Re: Adam, Burt, Yvonne September 2013, Hunt Valley, MD

Post by ScottyB »

simm wrote:Did Adam and his handler state that he had to personalize his autograph as usual?
Oh yeah...sounds like that's always the case.
Doctor Shatterhand

Post by Doctor Shatterhand »

Yes, he will not sign any item unless it is personlized. I am guessing that the reason is that Adam West has incorporated his name. If anyone can offer a better explaination, I'm just as interested. Otherwise, I'm content with the autographs on my Batcave and the photos.
batjrb1964

Post by batjrb1964 »

I've been to many shows over the years in which Adam has been at. I remember getting his autograph for $15.00. Most recently I was at a show and he was charging $60.00. On my item i didn't want personalized. I was told by his "handler"it would cost $100.00. I think they don't want you to profit on his name. Yet over the many times I have seen Adam , he was great!!
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

batjrb1964 wrote:Most recently I was at a show and he was charging $60.00. On my item i didn't want personalized. I was told by his "handler"it would cost $100.00. I think they don't want you to profit on his name.

Most fans, given the opportunity, would prefer to have their autograph inscribed to them to give the item that "personalized" touch! Adam's "handler" (manager) knows that a majority of the people (but NOT all!) who do not want any personalization is because it's WORTH more on the secondary market if there is no personalization there! Only someone named "Wally," for example, would potentially pay more for an item inscribed "To Wally"...The rest would just want the "clean," no inscription signature!

So, the potential seller CAN still make a profit off of the item, just $40 less than they would have!
Doctor Shatterhand

Post by Doctor Shatterhand »

I was told by the handler that there were no exceptions. He never offered me an alternative amount. It was personalized or no signature at all.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

How come he didn't inscribe at Hwood CS then , makes no sence :

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Maybe Adam has a different policy when he is inscribing a photo or a blank piece of paper and when he is inscribing a collectible which isn't the type of thing that's typically cut apart to sell the autograph as a stand alone item.