Just dreaming...

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

Just dreaming...

Post by wally wingert »

IF the 1966 Batman exhibit at the museum could be expanded, what sort of things would you like to see included in an expansion plan? I'm just fooling around with a few ideas...you know...just in case.

w
Bill S.C.

Re: Just dreaming...

Post by Bill S.C. »

I've only seen video footage, but in case these are not already there, how about:
Prints or videos of all of the window cameos
Alfred and Aunt Harriett
Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara in Gordon's office
Recreations of some of the death traps such as the giant clam
A Hall of Molls - all of the villains female assistants.
The Jokermobile.
A model of the Penguin's submarine
Batgirl's secret room
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
eewdoc

Post by eewdoc »

I would love for the exhibit to go on tour across the country so Batfans in other cities can see it.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Thanks! There IS a poster there already of all the window cameos, with photos supplied by Scott Sebring.

Some of the other sets and costume pieces may be too cost-prohibitive, but they're all interesting ideas!

It's not likely that an exhibit like this could tour because many of the collectors who supplied pieces aren't comfortable with their investments gallivanting around the country. Things have the tendency of getting lost and damaged that way, and it's simply not worth the risk, as I see it.

But these are all great ideas! Keep 'em coming!!
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

One thing you could add is video with the screen tests for Burt Ward by himself, with Adam, and then the alternate auditions with Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell. I found this one on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-BHYo4U0M4

I think it demonstrates how Adam and Burt were the perfect choice for the characters, and what a different show it would have been with the other actors. It also shows the earlier version of Batman's costume with the black bat instead of what we are all familiar with. The cave is also different since the sets hadn't been built yet. Maybe it could be a section on "Casting the Show" or "Alternate Reality" or something.
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

I still like your original idea to have photos of children dressed in 66 era Bat-Costumes like you had asked for a while back Wally! I know I sent you mine!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

I would LOVE to do a collage of kids dressed as Batman. But I simply didn't get enough of a response to warrant it. Perhaps instead of a collage, we can post them throughout the exhibit with the names of the people, and what they're doing today.
To The Batpoles!

That's a cool idea too! I'm game for that! ;)

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
To The Batpoles!

Just heard the Hollywood Museum Bat-Display has been extended through the end of May! :D

=Frank=
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I was thrilled to hear this when you mentioned it at Wonder con , Wally. But what is still out there?
the Azarian(?) collection has a few more screen used items, a Riddler Suit, a Mr Freeze gun, a Bat girl cowl.
Are they out of the question?
I would enjoy more prop and costume reproductions, Contaminated Cowl maybe?
a Bat boat, and or the Bat Copter might fight up there.
the Joker mobile and the Catwoman mobile might still be around?
and how about a souvenir book, or a coffee table book featuring this amazing collection?
How can I help get that project going?
I hope we make it back once more before it's gone.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Thanks Batrunner. Doing anything printed is a rights issue, and being a not-for-profit the museum simply can't afford licensing fees like that.

We reached out to both Commisar and Azarian initially, but neither wished to participate.

No room for a Bat Boat or Batcopter, but we do have the original Batcopter's main rotor on display!

But more screen accurate prop replicas are ALWAYS welcome!

In regards to showing other videos, due to an agreement with the exhibit's sponsor ME-TV, we are only allowed to run clips they have licensed and have approved.

Keep those ideas comin'!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

To The Batpoles! wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm Just heard the Hollywood Museum Bat-Display has been extended through the end of May! :D
=Frank=
Oh wow, really?

STOP PRESS:

Oh, i just read elsewhere "The Batman 66 Exhibit has been extended thru the end of Sept."
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

How about including some current '66 merchandise? I know it's not yet considered historical in age but is nevertheless historic as a continued reactive to 1966 Bat-mania and worthy of inclusion if only because of the advanced technology used to make many of these pieces so accurate & life-like.

In a chicken and the egg kind of way, much of today's merchandise would not have been created had ’66 technology (and licensing issues!) been on par with 21st century means.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Yup, that's the plan. When extending we'll be looking into pre-66 as well as modern day. Stay tuned!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I just booked my ticket from Sydney, Australia, to Los Angeles! I shall be able to attend the "Batman '66" exhibit during my visit 1st-4th June! (And then other destinations throughout June.)

I enjoyed my visit to the Hollywood Museum in January 2013, but the "Batman '66" exhibit being extended is a sign from the gods that... I must return!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)