BATMAN ’66 Exhibit Revamped — and Extended Again

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dan Greenfield

BATMAN ’66 Exhibit Revamped — and Extended Again

Post by Dan Greenfield »

Hey, Batfolks:

Here's one up at 13th Dimension that you may dig:

https://13thdimension.com/batman-66-exh ... ded-again/

Neat, eh?

-- Dan
Batman65

Re: BATMAN ’66 Exhibit Revamped — and Extended Again

Post by Batman65 »

I really wish I had the opportunity to see this in person. I’ll just have to enjoy it here through the generous board members that have shared the links and pics. it sucks being so far away.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

You can't get much further away from it than Sydney, but against numerous odds, I got there!

It was so worth it!

Batman 66 exhibition by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

I wonder what the odds are of it getting extended any further. If it gets into March, I might have a chance to go. Paul has gone, and we'll be discussing in a future TO THE BATPOLES episode.

I recall from the BATCAVE podcast last winter that there was said to be no chance of the exhibit traveling, because the materials in the exhibit are owned by so many different people local to L.A. As the thing appears to be wildly popular, are there any rumors of reconsidering and taking it on the road?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Therin of Andor

bat-rss wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 am I wonder what the odds are of it getting extended any further. If it gets into March, I might have a chance to go.
On Wally's Facebook page, he discussed the new King Tut dressed statue (with a face created by the Victor Buono life cast found in the "Planet of the Apes" display) is one of the additions that will become a permanent exhibit at The Hollywood Museum. There will also be a new permanent(?) exhibit celebrating 60s' TV Batman, Robin, Batgirl, 70s' TV Wonder Woman and Christopher Reeve's Superman.

Worlds Finest Five by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Wally Wingert says: "Coming to The Hollywood Museum... 'The World's Finest Five' exhibit! It's a fan-fantasy-inspired exhibit featuring our favorite super-actors assembled together in a 'what if' scenario. This is the cast we've always wanted to see together! Stay tuned for more."

The Museum already has a Reeve "Superman: The Movie" costume on display, but the mannequin doesn't look like him (yet).

Superman costume by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Christopher Reeve as Superman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

OK, so it sounds like there would be SOMETHING there to see no matter when I go.... Thx
Therin of Andor

Sad to be missing this new event!

King Tut at the Hollywood Museum by Ian McLean, on Flickr

At least King Tut will be part of the permanent Museum Collection.
Therin of Andor

Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy »

I'm also so sad to miss this, darn it :( ,but I wanna thank Wally and everyone, who put together this amazing exhibit for everyone to see,someday ill get to see a version of it :D.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

I was just in Hollywood and went to the Museum for the second time. I didn't know about the addition of Tut, but it is very impressive.

A number of items have been removed from the display, probably due to the fact that they didn't expect it to run this long. It's still worth seeing, but I'm glad I was able to go back in January.
Attachments
King Tut 1-sm.jpg
Gothamdriver

Post by Gothamdriver »

Hey there, does anyone know if the Hollywood museum exhibit is still running? Wally? Thanks!!
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

From their web site, it appears not. It's become what they promised a while back, a museum of the costumes and likenesses of the Terrific Trio and several other '60s-'70s live-action superheroes.

http://thehollywoodmuseum.com/exhibit/s ... o-legends/
Therin of Andor

bat-rss wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm It's become what they promised a while back, a museum of the costumes and likenesses of the Terrific Trio and several other '60s-'70s live-action superheroes.
Correct. King Tut was a late addition to last year's exhibition, and now a permanent display item, since the face was made from the Museum's own life cast of Victor Buono. Plus they have a new Reeve Superman mannequin wearing the uniform that was already on display, and the West/Ward/Craig mannequins from the "Batman '66" exhibit, a new Lynda Carter mannequin - and display items from Lindsay Wagner.
Therin of Andor

BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

I finished my LA trip yesterday with a visit to the Hollywood museum, and the Batman '66 exhibit is still up and running. I have to say that as I was walking up the steps to the third floor and rounded the corner, the glimpse across the doorway to the exhibit took my breath away. Thanks, Wally, for putting it all together. It was a highlight of my weekend in LA alongside finding the Batcave at Bronson Canyon.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast