BURT WARD"S STAR ON WALK OF FAME_ MY COVERAGE

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

BURT WARD"S STAR ON WALK OF FAME_ MY COVERAGE

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greetings Citizens! I was in Hollywood for Burt Ward's Star on the Hollywood walk of Fame celebration. I sat in the press pool and took a Bat- ton of photos and video.

https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2020 ... -with-star

https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2020 ... me-cermony

Kevin Smith presented and took a lot of pics with the cos players- who looked outstanding. Alex (Robin), Valarie (Catwoman), Retro Batman 66 (Batman), and Batgirl- sorry I do not know who she is- all did a magnificent job.
https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2020 ... burts-star

I also had some pics go up over at 13th dimesion. I did not see that posted here so here you go
https://13thdimension.com/13-groovy-pho ... -ceremony/

As I mentioned i was in the press pool, but off to the side. so my video of the actual event is not that great. Variety I think had the best one, if you watched that one.

here are some others that I took.
Burt takes questions right after the ceremony-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3JN4O0vZ2U&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1nZWoJzjs

It was a great day, and my son and I even got to hang out with Kevin Smith for a minute.
I hope some of you enjoy some of this. I will have more pics featuring the after party soon.
Thanks for looking.
Jimmy L. 66

Re: BURT WARD"S STAR ON WALK OF FAME_ MY COVERAGE

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

i also attended the after party where Burt and Tracy invited everyone around the world to Dance the Batusi for world peace, in honor of Adam West.
check out here

https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2020 ... -peace-day
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great work, Jimmy! Glad to have a "man on the ground" documenting these proceedings!

Batgirl is our friend and actress Sara Raftery fyi.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Not disagreeing here Ben, but I just read an article said Maria Menounos (the woman who does the "noovie" thing before your actual movie starts) was Batgirl. Here's a link...

https://mobile.twitter.com/variety/stat ... 2490293248
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

There's the "Batgirl" (unmasked) at the podium (probably Menounos) and a second, masked and seated Batgirl in front of her.

Technically, there's also two Robins on the scene. :D
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup two different Batgirls-- Sara is great-- she's a perfect choice for Yvonne-- she was in HOUSE OF THE WOLFMAN a few years ago and that was a fun throwback to the old Universal Monster Movies.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Correct. Sara was fabulous as Yvonne, and Maria looked fantastic. I believe Greg Maraio (The artist that made the Batgirl and many other suits for the Hollywood Museum exhibit) made Maria's suit, not sure aboot Sara's.
Maria was there with another Batman, but his costume was not as "screen accurate" as Retro Batman 66's was.
Attachments
20200109_121958.jpg
20200110_204040.jpg
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3741.JPG
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

at the after party they had a huge spread, but everyone's favorite was the Burt Ward Dog. 9" beef dog, Mustard, Relish, Onions, and Kruat.

watch the video here.

video of Burt Ward Dog
Attachments
20200109_131519.jpg
jeffhopkins

Post by jeffhopkins »

Great coverage, batrunner1966! You really captured the event. I was there in my alter ego as RetroBatman66. I wish I would have met you, but perhaps I did meet you and didn't recognize you "unmasked".

I was humbled to be asked and very grateful to participate in this event, especially considering all the very talented and screen-accurate Batmen on this board. I have learned EVERYTHING from this message board and the extremely supportive and knowledgable experts here.

You were right about the Burt Ward Dog from Pink's being the highlight! It beat out the other food, easily! I hadn't eaten all morning because I was worried about my gut hanging out in the tights...so after the presentation I ate three Burt dogs!

The other Batman was Maria's Menounos' husband Kevin Ungaro! I think he just dressed up to support his wife. They were both very kind to us "backstage" and his jawline looks more like Adam West than I do!

I was very grateful to be a small part of this HUGE honor for Burt Ward!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

We did not meet officially, I did catch you on one of your trips to the Pinks bar. You did great, and I look forward to meeting -offically- in the future.
Attachments
20200109_140044-490x1008.jpg
jeffhopkins

Post by jeffhopkins »

Wow thanks for posting that! What a fun event! I guess I hit the meatballs just as hard as the hot dogs. Stress eating after an exciting day!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

jeffhopkins wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:26 pm Great coverage, batrunner1966! You really captured the event. I was there in my alter ego as RetroBatman66. I wish I would have met you, but perhaps I did meet you and didn't recognize you "unmasked".

I was humbled to be asked and very grateful to participate in this event, especially considering all the very talented and screen-accurate Batmen on this board. I have learned EVERYTHING from this message board and the extremely supportive and knowledgable experts here.

You were right about the Burt Ward Dog from Pink's being the highlight! It beat out the other food, easily! I hadn't eaten all morning because I was worried about my gut hanging out in the tights...so after the presentation I ate three Burt dogs!

The other Batman was Maria's Menounos' husband Kevin Ungaro! I think he just dressed up to support his wife. They were both very kind to us "backstage" and his jawline looks more like Adam West than I do!

I was very grateful to be a small part of this HUGE honor for Burt Ward!
Great to have you with us on our board Jeff! Way to represent!
jeffhopkins

Post by jeffhopkins »

Thanks, Ben! This board is amazing, chock full of expert info and legit, lifelong Batman fans, it's a privilege to chat and learn from this great group!
antman67

Post by antman67 »

So happy for Burt Ward. He's a good guy, he deserves it. Thank you for sharing these links, images and videos for us! Wish I could have been there.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

antman67 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:50 am So happy for Burt Ward. He's a good guy, he deserves it. Thank you for sharing these links, images and videos for us! Wish I could have been there.
Absolutely true and i wish I had been able to attend the event, too.
Beneath Wayne Manor