Batmobile on G.A.S. Extreme Customs (Upcoming TV Show)

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

crimsonskies

Batmobile on G.A.S. Extreme Customs (Upcoming TV Show)

Post by crimsonskies »

Just seen a commercial for

G.A.S. Extreme Customs which is due to start on Monday 6th July, 9PM (BST) on Discovery Channel UK.

One of the cars shown in the commercial is a replica of the 60s Batmobile.

No idea which episode it'll be featured in but may be of interest in the near future?
"Holy Crimson Skies of Death" - Dick Grayson
https://batspray.blog
Meule

Re: Batmobile on G.A.S. Extreme Customs (Upcoming TV Show)

Post by Meule »

The episode was on here in Belgium two weeks ago.. Barris's daughter asked the guys to restore it. Plenty of other Barris's creations in that episode
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Meule wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:36 pm The episode was on here in Belgium two weeks ago.. Barris's daughter asked the guys to restore it. Plenty of other Barris's creations in that episode
Any idea which episode in the season this is?
Meule

Post by Meule »

Going by memory I'd say 4th or 5th episode, pretty early on
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

So just a quick update, I found the episode on NOWTV (they have Discovery Channel now, who knew?! :lol: )and it is indeed Season One, Episode 5. Confusingly, the show was originally branded as "Car Kings" when it aired in the United States, whereas for foreign markets like Europe it's listed like Glenn said as "G.A.S. Extreme Customs" as the show revolves around the team at Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys, CA. If I was to hazard a guess at the reason for the name switcheroo, if memory serves there was another pre-existing show in the late 90's/early 2000's that we had in the UK by the name of "Car Kings".