Adam ,Burt,Julie & Yvonne- Rhode Island Comic Con 11/2-11/3

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatB

Re: Adam ,Burt,Julie & Yvonne- Rhode Island Comic Con 11/2-1

Post by BatB »

T Butler
Thanks for your reply, made me feel better to see that others have the same opinion. I agree with all point, you're right, they're not what they used to be. I am sure that some decided not to spend the extra cash. In the morning, the line wrapped around several times for both, but after the fiasco, it was no line no waiting. So I am not sure that increasing the price would bring in more revenue.
I went from a sleepless night on Friday in anticipation of Saturday, and I laid awake Saturday night of my disappointment. Like you, it was a bucket list item ... now crossed off.

There were two shows that I couldn't wait watching 45 years ago, it was Batman and Tarzan. Last year, by chance, I had the opportunity to meet Ron Ely ... my experience couldn't have been better. He took the time for autographs, pictures and even chit chatted with me and my little girl talking about the show and answering various questions. Although I was more of a Batman fan, today I stand more as a Ron Ely fan. Hope others had a good time.
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Sorry to hear you bed experience. I have seen similiar situations and complaints about how they were greeted and the quality or lack of, in the finished photo. Adam has also turned once in a lifetime photo ops, into a goof by hamming it up and making weird faces, etc.

Sometimes, I think folks forget that pwople spend alot of cash to get to these cons and have pics taken, gat autographs, etc. To deliver anything less than 100% is not cool. :roll:

Don't lose the bat-faith, my friend!
BatB

Post by BatB »

Thanks guys ... don't worry, this was just a little speed bump, I'm too much of a Batman fan to loose faith and still enjoy an episode here and there.
it was just the principle of things that rubbed me the wrong way. In then end, as I told my wife, I was happy to repay the actors for one of the best series that was ever created for TV. These guys didn't make a whole lot of money then, but provided a lot of entertainment ... If you divide the price I paid for the autographs by the number of times I've watched and still watching their episodes, I'm in for pennies per episodes. A good deal if you look it that way.
Batdave

Post by Batdave »

I had a great time at RICC. Met lots of cools guests and fellow fans. Also had Adam and Burt sign my Bat Shield. I dressed up as Batman on Sat along with my friends who dressed as Indiana Jones and a Jedi. Here are a few pix. We also recorded a lot of interviews for our podcast The Regular Joes Podcast which is available on Itunes.
Batman Indy and Obi Wan
Batman Indy and Obi Wan
Hey Batman there's a Rancor behind you !
Hey Batman there's a Rancor behind you !
Attachments
Batman and The Wasp.  DC/Marvel crossover.
Batman and The Wasp. DC/Marvel crossover.
The gang with Lady Aquaman
The gang with Lady Aquaman
The Rancor is no match for my trusty Bat Shield.
The Rancor is no match for my trusty Bat Shield.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Great pix BatDave - was there on Saturday also - wish I could have bumped into you.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Looking good, Dave!
T Butler

Post by T Butler »

That last photo - very Adam West looking. Great picture, love the batshield.
T Butler

Post by T Butler »

BatB wrote:Thanks guys ... don't worry, this was just a little speed bump, I'm too much of a Batman fan to loose faith and still enjoy an episode here and there.
it was just the principle of things that rubbed me the wrong way. In then end, as I told my wife, I was happy to repay the actors for one of the best series that was ever created for TV. These guys didn't make a whole lot of money then, but provided a lot of entertainment ... If you divide the price I paid for the autographs by the number of times I've watched and still watching their episodes, I'm in for pennies per episodes. A good deal if you look it that way.
Thanks for posting your view today. looking at it from that perspective, heck yeah, I'm more than glad to be a part of seeing West and Ward reap some long over due rewards. I know they both had some lean times over the years from the "type casting". That show is my childhood identity and still love the concept. I'm thrilled to know I met them and love the lithograph I had them sign...and am a bit wiser about how the organization at some conventions can be. So until Shatner and Nimoy unite for one, I may be done for awhile. Again, thanks for sharing your view BatB, it helps me look at mine in a better light as well.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Pictures.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

However,she should be named Aquawoman.
TheTechnoBat

Post by TheTechnoBat »

BatB wrote: I do have to say that the best moment was chatting with the guys from Gotham Cycle from this board, they were really nice to talk to and took their time to chat and had a great opportunity for a picture on the bike.
Thank you so much for the kind words, we truly appreciate it.

It was great meeting and chatting with so many Batfans. And we met so many different board members. Its great to see that the spirit and love for the show is not going anywhere anytime soon :)
Please follow me on twitter @ JamesPDonahue1 &
TheBatsyTwins
cheferic

Post by cheferic »

I've been reading about the Rhode Island con and was there I have to say the pics that were taken were very nice as I see the happy fans posting them here and on other social media sites they were quickly produced with great results and the two that I saw that were fuzzy were re taken at the next time Adam and Burt were at the car that was 2 out of a couple hundred ,I know that any time I have pics taken if your not happy open your mouth and say something to have it retaken or a refund ...the fact that some one was mad that they were told not to take other pics as they were walking to and from the booth well that was the con rule if you noticed even when Billy d Williams was up on the stage or Danny Grove the same rules applied I guess it about respect for the other fans who are getting to meet the star they want to see and when the stars or talent are walking about they don't need to be chased down for a free pic RESPECT their space when walking about the event over all it was great
Big Andy

Post by Big Andy »

Hi all, first time poster here. Lots of Batman drama at the RICC so I figured I'd share my experience. I'm a HUGE Batman fan since childhood and I drove up to the Rhode Island Comic Con from NYC on Saturday with my wife with the specific intent of getting a photo with Adam West, Burt Ward, and the Batmobile. I paid my $120 and waited in line for the 11:00 session. When it was our turn, we were quickly ushered into the curtained off area. Adam gave me a fist bump and said (in that classic voice) Whoa.. You're a big guy, stand over here big fella" Burt was unsmiling as he shook my hand. Adam then said to my wife "You're gorgeous" and turned to me and said in a low voice "She's very photogenic". Needless to say, she was thrilled. The picture was taken and then we were rushed out by his PA shouting NEXT NEXT. I was like wow, that took all of 30 seconds..When I picked up the photo half an hour later, I was disappointed to see that the photo looked washed out, I went back to the booth and showed them the photo and to their great credit, the photographer and Batmobile promoter said "No problem, we'll do a retake at the next session. Everyone leaves with a smile" I came back and got in line for the 2pm session and one of the promoters said to me. When Adam is ready to come over, we're going you pull you out of the line so you go first. Sure enough, they pulled me out of the line and there I was standing alone with the Batmobile. A couple of minutes later, Burt Ward walked in and stood next to me and stared straight ahead. After 20 seconds of silence , I said to him, "It's nice to finally meet you Mr. Ward". He must have thought I was one of the workers, as he reacted as if I had startled him and said as he shook my hand " I'm sorry, I do so many of these, that I zone out sometimes" Adam West then walked in and I knew to give him a fist bump rather than handshake. 10 seconds later I was outside the curtain again. Half an hour later, I go to pick my photo up and the photographer sighs.. "The saga continues" as he hands me my photo. My heart sinks as I see that Adam West's eyes are closed in this new pic. To his great credit, he gave me his email and phone # and said, "I promise I'll make this right for you". Today I received an email from him with a retouched photo of me, my wife, and the dynamic duo that I'm very happy with and a note saying that a hard copy was in the mail. Full credit to the guys doing the photo op and especially the photographer for making everything right and being so accommodating. I didn't opt for signatures and am glad I didn't due to the horror stories I've read on the RICC Facebook page about the autograph price increases in the middle of the con. Even though the photo op experience was VERY rushed by Adam's manager, I'm glad to have had a memorable moment with my childhood idols. :D
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

Oh my goodness Batdave, we met and conversed for a moment and I had no idea it was you. I feel like a dope! I took pictures of you with Kissnation at their table. :| If I bumped into anyone else from here and my overtired brain did not recognize you, I'm so sorry!

I had a wonderful experience at RICC. It was a real pleasure to meet the fellas with their Batcycle. You guys are awesome! The con itself was nice and I enjoyed the panels as well.

I'm saddened to hear about so many negative experiences regarding Burt and Adam's autographs/photos. I guess I'm fortunate to have had the experience I had. I'll post pictures and my story as soon as I can. For now, I'll just say that meeting Julie while wearing my costume is an amazing moment that I'll cherish forever.

~Heather
RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 »

andyc wrote:Hi all, first time poster here.
Welcome to the board, hun!
andyc wrote: I'm glad to have had a memorable moment with my childhood idols. :D
Amazing feeling, isn't it? I'm glad the photogs were able to make things right for you and you enjoyed your experience!

~Heather